ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

"No Layups" NBA/Rockets Radio Show, Mondays at 9pm
Tags:  1560, 850, basketball, houston rockets, nba, no layups, raheel Tags
Puff is offline Old 12-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #81
Puff
Puff is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePuff is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePuff is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #127
last point on this...
no one on the show is predicting the Rockets demise...

The question was asked, what do you do? What do you do if the Rockets are 8-20?

That is a question ALL Great organizations asks. If you dont ask questions, you will never be prepared.

Would it surprise me for the Rockets to win 48 games? No I predicted that. But if the Rockets struggle, as they did early on, the question can be asked.

Sponsored Link
RX2012 is offline Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #82
RX2012
RX2012 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
we will see...

being a blind fan is not smart. being objective with the information given is what we do.
not a blind fan, i know what i see. i look into the nba everyday. and I'm just as objective as you. Except i know that all the information that's been given so far isn't accurate and skewed because of scheduling and injuries.

RX2012 is offline Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #83
RX2012
RX2012 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47617
and puff, i think the show in general is great. it's just the last one I couldn't handle.

Clutch is offline Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #84
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
We'll be on tonight at 9pm. Nuño is on vacation but I'll be on with Raheel and Danny. If you want to talk about anything specific, would love to have you call in. Thanks...

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Charles Jones is offline Old 12-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #85
Charles Jones
Charles Jones is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We'll be on tonight at 9pm. Nuño is on vacation but I'll be on with Raheel and Danny. If you want to talk about anything specific, would love to have you call in. Thanks...

thanks for the heads up

worzel gummidge is offline Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #86
worzel gummidge
worzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33905
The Nash rumor!

DaDakota is offline Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #87
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel gummidge
The Nash rumor!
Any pod cast?

DD

xiki is offline Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #88
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel gummidge
The Nash rumor!
There is no Nash rumor, just idle speculation. More's the pity...

J.R. is offline Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #89
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Clutch on this morning with Lance.

Carmelo/Granger talk starts at 5:45.

Before we go year in review, lets talk about now. I dont think it matters Yao has been ruled out. They got used to playing without him. Doesnt affect what they're doing.

Yeah, short term it helps the team. Didnt click early. They needed him on D long-term for the playoffs but akward fit early on. They like to run, shoot, pass, move quickly. Wasnt best fit for Yao.

Brooks coming back in. Lowry playing better. Rockets finally meshing. Saw this with Miami. It takes time. Heat playing well. But Rockets feel like they're comfortable now. With addition of Brooks, it will help.

Yeah, they're saying all the right things. Saying it's a positive. They seem ready to put Kyle back to the bench if needed. Tough decision though. Lowry took the reigns and has put up some good numbers. IMpressive is his 3 pt shooting. Right now, is it a fluke or real improvement? If improvement, he needs to be starting.

I look for dynamic players. Tracy obviously once was. Martin would fall under that. Terrence Williams is another guy I think that is or could be. What might it take for him to get into the rotation?

You're right. Surprised a little he isnt in the rotation. But Rockets logic might be, NBA playing time is earned. They're not in a rush to make that decision. Williams has a lot to learn but talent is there. This guy can do some things on O and D. No reason to panic. After trade deadline, maybe then you can panic if he's not in rotation.

Rockets gearing up. Becoming more and more obvious. Bosh never considered the Rockets. Set-up deal. Now with all these pieces, no one is out there to "buy". Thoughts on how they might transition all these trade pieces. Any prayer they move Yao?

Before TD, that is interesting. Paul and ANthony guys were in mind but I think they're out of Carmelo sweepstakes. Cant trade 2011 pick. Out of Carmelo. Have to throw in Danny Granger as darkhorse. Thats a name getting flirted around. I dont think they will trade Yao. He means too much.

Year in review - 2010. You can say what you want not being able to get past 1st round. Thoughts on 2010 and how they changed or perception has changed.

2010 will be remembered as Yao-McGrady era. Final brick fall if you will. Hung over our heads for four years. Going back to 06, we were concerned about injury with these guys. 4 years hung over us with injuries. Right now, we are realizing how spoiled we were with having a franchise guy. We dont have that right now. 36-42 for calender year I think. Just a bunch of scrappy role guys.

Moves of 2010, Rockets brought and then traded Trevor Ariza. Just a passenger. Poor man version of Pippen. In and out. Other move was Martin.

Ariza - he was a decent player for Rockets. Overrated coming from LA and championship squad. I like the Lee move. On 2 levels, an upgrade. Helped on salary and on the court. Lee can score effeciently. Martin can still be one of the better deals in franchise history. You trade a broke down McGrady for Martin. You traded Landry for Hill. Hill not as good but has more upside, better size than Landry. And then the draft pick considerations that also came.

Rockets 2010 also been where people have been challenged with Daryl Morey. Me not so much. Daryl is taking shots, trying to make things happen. Where do you sense the public is with Morey and what people think of Rick Adelman.

Some fans questioning Daryl. I'm not one of them. He is outstanding. Doing things behind the scene to increase the value of this franchise. You look at the D-league and what they did there. There is no GM out there who will magically bring you that superstar. They need that opportunity. As for Adelman, happy with him. Good coach. Wonder what will happen after this year. He came here to be part of Yao-McGrady era and right now, that is gone. I wonder if hes in for the long term rebuild/retool.

Bob McNair may settle for mediocrity, Les will not. He will make changes if losing.

Yeah. Without Yao, a lot to ask but Rick a high dollar, high profile coach. This will be a different team going forward. Not sure of the fit if rebuilding.

Texans season winding down. Rockets giving reason to turn the TV on to basketball. Honestly, faster Brooks and WIlliams are in the rotation, fans will tune in and want to watch..

Yeah. January will determine which direction they will go at the TD. December pretty easy.

Thanks for joining us.

Thanks Lance.

rockets934life is offline Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #90
rockets934life
Contributing Member
rockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerockets934life is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28025
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsf09
Clutch on this morning with Lance.

Interesting, last time Clutch brought up a name that most thought was not tradable...his name was Kevin Martin.

“We were all told by the league he was a tradeable player, and now they’re saying that Dell doesn’t have the authority to make the trade?” said an NBA executive who had periodic talks with New Orleans throughout the process. “Now they’re saying that Dell is an idiot, that he can’t do his job. [Expletive] this whole thing. David’s drunk on power, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the players, and he doesn’t give a [expletive] about the hundreds of hours the teams put in to make that deal"

Last edited by rockets934life; 12-27-2010 at 09:36 AM.

DaDakota is offline Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #91
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Thanks for the time fellas, had to bail to put kiddos to bed.

Always great to talk Rox with Clutch, Nuno, and who is the new guy?

I do still like Raheel though.....

DD

J.R. is offline Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #92
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Will post podcast if/when they do

LongTimeFan is offline Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #93
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
I tried to actually listen tonight for once, but the link to "listen live" wasn't working. Thanks for the recap as always, hsf

AstroRocket is offline Old 12-29-2010, 04:31 AM   #94
AstroRocket
AstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAstroRocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 1999
Member: #526
The recap is much appreciated. I tried to listen to the podcast, but apparently that's not working at the moment.

AstroRocket. Owner of the 300,000th Hangout post. Woohoo!

Your friendly neighborhood RATS (Rockets/Astros/Texans/Sooners) fan

Check out the ClutchFans wiki, NBA Social Media Index, Rockets game download links, NBA Championship Belt, and my twitter (lots of us CFers on there. Come join the #RedNation clique!)

freemaniam is offline Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #95
freemaniam
Contributing Member
freemaniam is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2005
Member: #16369
Thanks for the recap.