1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal Clutchfans Deals Thread

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Thanks, that's what I figured. I have some friends going there next weekend for a Bachelor party so I was trying to find a decent rate for a couple nights. Hard to believe that they charge over $300/night on Saturdays for a basic room.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This is a pretty damn good deal if watch movies every so often.

Plum Distict is offering a code up to $12 off a Fandango ticket order. Price is $6 and the code will be delivered to your registered email or viewing it from Plum District's my account. Limit 2 per person. Thanks thicktaz.

http://www.plumdistrict.com/houston?ref=u47a90f142b6

^ There's Houston's link. You can also switch up the city at the top to your city (if they have it).

3. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

God, I love food deals! Today at Get Grouby, save up to 55% off American cuisine at Table Seven Restaurant in the Heights. Take your pick from three vouchers: $10 gets you $20, $20 gets you $40, or $45 gets you $100 worth of steaks, chops, fish, and more. http://bit.ly/aNRZ5i

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stop using bitly and Ill click your link.

6. Hippieloser

Got a suggestion to use instead? I use bitly 'cause it makes it easy to track the number of clicks.

In the meantime: http://www.getgrouby.com/houston

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No, I just don't want you looking at me like some mere number.

8. ItsMyFault

9. ItsMyFault

Found this on Slickdeals front page... pretty damn good deal for a TV>

Dell Home has the Sharp LC42SB48UT 42" 1080p LCD HDTV for $500 or $485 with DPA (see instructions below) with free shipping. Next best price on Google Products is $689.

Specs
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Built in tuner: ATSC/NTSC/QAM
    Response time: 6.5ms
    Viewing Angles: 176H/176V
    Inputs:
    4x HDMI
    2x Component
    1x VGA
    1x Composite
    1x S-Video

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3%, here is how:
    During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
    Click "Change Payment Type"
    Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
    Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this offer" link
    Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
    Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...acd=10550055-1225267-u391402t0f0fp37408c0s441

10. Garner

Garner Member

Anyone have a good place to purchase the full series of The Sopranos online?

11. Hippieloser

Here's a great deal for you aging Lifetime Fitness Pickup-ball superstars. ;) $40 gets you your choice of massage from Massage By Mya. Choose Special Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, or Hot Stone Massage with Aromatherapy - GetGrouby.com

12. Hippieloser

Spill the bong water again? Hey, have I got the deal for you: Over at Get Grouby today, you can get a deep clean of your carpets, hardwoods, or tile floors anywhere in the Houston area for as little as $50 from Virtuous Floors.

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The TV website doesn't work anymore :(

14. ItsMyFault

via Slickdeals

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me even though it is a desktop.

15. Hippieloser

For the yogaphiles in the building: Today at Get Grouby we're offering 67% off Vinyasa Yoga classes from the top studio in town, Joy Yoga Center on Washington. $25 gets you 5 classes from your choice of instructor. And all the instructors is females, dawg. :cool: http://www.getgrouby.com/houston

GetGrouby.com was featured on Ch. 13 news last night: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7601083 Anybody see it? Later this week we'll be in the Houston Business Journal, as well.

16. Hippieloser

Jeez, anybody else got some deals? I hate making back-to-back posts. But I will anyway.

Today at Get Grouby, you can try out the grub at the newest bar in Midtown: Hefley's. It's where Luling BBQ used to be. Hefley's is interesting: At lunchtime, they serve up brisket, sausage, smoked turkey, and everything bbq. Then at dinner time, they break out a menu of Angus steaks, burgers, wings, and more. They also have Pearl in a can, which I like to drink a lot of.

Half off lunch or dinner: http://www.getgrouby.com/houston

17. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I'm signed up for Groupon, but I find maybe one good deal per month.

Today's deal is for Masala Wok. Not sure if you guys have ever been there, but they have a good selection of Indian/Thai/Asian food. The chicken tandoori wrap is one of the best items on their menu.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

19. droxford

droxford Member

Amazon has this car stereo and speakers:

Sony CXS-GT5416F Bundle with CDX-GT540UI MP3/WMA/AAC/CD Player Receiver and XS-GF1622X 6.5-Inch Speakers

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-CDXGT540...?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pfRdReplace=1

For $65 I recently bought the little brother to this model of stereo and I've been very pleased - great stereo for the money (and I didn't get speakers with it). I think this is a one-day-only deal.

Especially if you have an older car with a crappy stereo, this is a no-brainer!