1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I still clearly remember lots of people here once thought Ariza was much better than Ron Artest....lol...

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. redao

redao Member

Yes but Rockets just stepped down ...

It was more like Ariza used Rockets as a stepping stone. He went to a better situation where he can have more playing time and he can play with a superstar again.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lulz losing ariza a step down for the rockets? lulz lulz lulz

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You can't look at things through a vacuum - this isn't 2K. You can't just get 5 85+ level players and go do things.
    Ariza fits this team better then Artest does, because Artest will not stop going iso. And Lee can fit this team better.

I view it frankly as getting a player who is 85-90% as good as Ariza and can be better (Ariza's been in this league for six years. If he was getting better, he would have done it by now) at 10% of the cost. It's efficient.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Meh.....maybe.....Ariza as a potential borderliner is not good enough

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Not while his starting wing partner is Martin. And since Martin will probably be here for a while I don't see it ever happening.

#1127 DCkid, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actually many people said Martin played average to above average defense earlier his career and then slipped down.
    Never say never.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was a great move for both the Rockets and Trevor.

The experiment of him being a leader failed miserably, he discovered that he is a decent role player and that is all he will ever be, so in order for him to succeed he needs a star to play off of....

I just wonder when CP3 won't pass him the ball at the 3pt line if he will continue to piss and moan or move to a better spot?

CP3 won't give him the ball in a bad area either...just like AB.

DD

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

ab's court vision does have some problem. it is his biggest weakness to block him to move up one more level.

i think not all complains ariza had are baseless.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ariza will get his points but won't be as effective. CP will make him better and up his points to near 18 points.
    Maybe even more if he gets the green light to chuck more

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

More and more I read, Lee sounds like present day version of Mario Elie...

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wow...that would be excellent.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow this link is pure comedy

Never seen Lee take over a game, I've seen Monta let the other team take over the game...only Curry has that ability out of those 3. They havent played a game and yet they are dominant and GS already knows it had issues with both Curry and Ellis on the floor. Curry's production ballooned when Monta was hurt.

EVERYTHING has to go right for Phoenix and they could win the finals...hey everything can go right for the wolves too and they could win the finals. Yet Houston is below phoenix in his rankings.. the suns lost a 20/10 guy for nothing and the rockets are adding a 20/10 guy (yao) for nothing..even if yao doesnt return to those stats (i doubt he will) houston should be at the very least higher than these two teams.

well Patty Mills' rights are own by portland and Smith was just signed. Earl Barron is the difference between the Hornets contending for the title? They just traded away one of the most promising young PGs in the game. Man we just made a mistake trading Ariza he just made NO "very dangerous" :rolleyes:

i am pretty sure that Hill starts already and wont be coming off the bench not after the excellent season he had last year. No way Manu will all of a sudden start after he already make his career being the 18ppg scorer of the bench

the ranking of LA is correct but if you think the lakers minus Gasol and Kobe is a decent team...uhh no way at all they'll be contending to see if they'd pick at #8 or #9 in the lotto at best.

and again to top it off:

This guy must have read the thread where the Rockets would average 132 points since everyone's scoring average would add up to that.

funny the hornets did make the playoffs only to get trounced in the first round 2 years ago and the year before I am not sure what league this guy was watching the at least in the NBA the Hornets did not play in the conference finals they lost in the 2nd round to the spurs. Also I dont see how this team is improved from that team that had pretty much EVERYTHING go right for them both on the court and health wise.

My God i know its probably just a fan blog but ignorance is ignorance regardless of where it comes from. I should have known better that this kid was an idiot when he couldn't properly spell his own site title name in the banner.

please for the future do not post anything from there as something to be taken seriously. my head still hurts from reading all of that

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i'm so happy we got rid of ariza and got lee that i makes me want to dance!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZP2LhlVd9E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZP2LhlVd9E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

fixed

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing important but Mr. Lee to wear #5.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Next Cuttino Mobley?

Fine by me.

20. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Naw. I would say Lee is a taller more clutch version of Luther Head.