1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Body Language

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

He just thinks he is T-Mac or Kobe.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he did something like that the lsat time we played phoenix and lost with in the final minute, but i think it was a fadeaway.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

some vid would probably help here

4. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

except with 1/10 of the ability

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is a rookie.....

DD

6. Hball

Hball Member

This is Ariza's team now.. Adelman and Morey have great faith in him to replace t-mac ..lol

7. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

I sat behind the Rockets bench (towards the end of the bench) during the 12/21 Clippers game. A couple things I noticed:

1) When Ariza is not in the game, he is definitely distant from the rest of the team. The majority of the time he just sits there and doesnt even care what is happening on the court. It seemed like every timeout or break, one member of the Rockets staff (in the left hand corner of the picture below in the blue shirt) would come over to him and tap him on the shoulder, trying to make him feel comfortable/wanted. He would never smile and respond, he would just be in a daze. Part of me was thinking he feels like he should have never left LA.

2) Carl Landry on the other hand, who had just returned from having his teeth knocked out against Dallas a few games prior, would be standing up and cheering for the guys, or getting upset if there was a bad call made by the refs.

Here's a pic of Trevor at the end of the bench (he's actually looking at the court in this one, but its doubtful he can see around Joey Dorsey who's in the suit to the right of Budinger):
    [​IMG]

#47 CLFranchise, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Have you guys seen his part of the Rockets singing Jingle Bells? The clip was shown at TC throughout the month of December.

He had absolutely no enthusiasm or personality.....

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

I know.....which is why I'm not worried and said he's going to get better as time goes on. (unlike Ariza.....who's NOT A ROOKIE)

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well against the Suns today, I've notice how he would jump up and down wanting the ball. When Brooks decided to give Landry the ball and let him go to work, Ariza is still jumping up and down screaming for the ball.

Then when it came down to the crucial moment of the game, Ariza finally got the ball which he was suppose to swing to an open player but instead he jacked up a bad three pointer.

His actions on the court really frustrates me. Ariza is definitely a head scratch-er. I don't think he know what he's doing half the time. I really hate watching him play. I think he believes that he is the Rockets number 1 scoring option. I just wish he makes smarter decisions with the basketball.

Hopefully during the offseason, he will work incredibly hard on his foot work and ball handling skills because that is what he is lacking. He moves like a robot. The way he move on the basketball court looks funny. He just need to be smoother with his game, more polish.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Do you think Bud is hurrying up his shots a lil bit?

i know thats the way he plays.. but i just think he needs to take a lil more time before letting the shot go..

12. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Great! Replace T Mac with an even worse T Mac,

On a completely different note, did you guys notice how all the stars Adidas signed are doing horribly right now? Look at Arenas, Duncan, Garnett(last year's playoff), T Mac, etc

13. cuddie

cuddie Member

The reason McGrady was allowed to behave in such a manner was because of his individual accolades and unique skillset. He was considered a "superstar". When you score 32 ppg and demonstrate the ability to carry a team down the stretch, such behavior may be a bit more tolerable. After all, we put up with McGrady and his antics until as recently as 2008. So far, all Ariza's got going for him is a championship ring he won playing fifth fiddle. His playoff success can be mostly attributed to his teammates. Just because you wear #1 doesn't mean you should inherit his arrogance, especially when you don't even have half of his skill. All of this hype about him being allowed to "grow" here has obviously gotten to his head. You are not the best player on this team, Trevor. Stop acting like it.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I believe he should shoot less threes and have more plays ran for him off the ball. We are wasting his talents camping him out on the three. He is money in the mid range game. I can't say this enough.

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I have said enough about that dumbass,i just wanna punch him in the face right now! :mad:

16. Yak

Yak Member

I love Budinger, but his shooting motion just isn't fit for 3 pointers it seems.

He has a touch jumpshot, and apparently shooting from the 3 point line tampers with his touch.

17. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

well said

I think because he did well in the playoffs last year got him thinking he can be like Kobe

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I saw him atleast twice after the Suns made a shot shrug his hands and take like 5 seconds going to get the ball then lightly jog upcourt, that aint huffort.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bud is a GREAT shooter. Get off his case people, he just came off a big break in play and he is a rookie.

20. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

lol, be careful, he is a "GREAT DEFENDER" :rolleyes: