1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Dec 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is not good news. Looks to me like there's a serious possibility, if not probability, that the Yao we see for the rest of this season will never be the Yao we saw earlier in the season. He'll need at least the offseason to recover.

The guys have put it all out there and made us all proud in his absence. But if you've been counting the days till we return to domination, prepare yourselves for severe disappointment.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Damn, I was so looking forward to his return and still am but Will's post scares me. Hopefully, we're in for a surprise.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

sorry but i disagree 100%. signs seem to point to this being a speed bump and not a complete detour. if he is out for all of march gaining back his strength then that is fine. remember we are talking about the brace and not the actual injury. we still have 9 games in april for yao to get ready. i am not worried.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they are sand bagging, and Yao just doesn't want to wear the brace.

And, I wonder if he really needs to wear it.....

I expect Yao to come back strong and by the playoffs be his typical dominant self...WITHOUT the brace.

DD

5. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Remember when JVG made a big deal about Yao's shoes in preseason? It turned out to be a non-issue...

This completely contradicts what Yao says. He still says he'll be back in 10 days. Right now I guess we can hope Yao is right.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pryuen,
    I hope you never have to start another Yao rehab thread in the future!
    :)

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, that's WHY he has been changing that clumsy, clumbersome leg brace.........the 4th pair, and it is not yet up to his satisfaction. :mad:

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I would rather see him playing, but that's just me...

9. pryuen

10. pryuen

MORE of Yao Ming shooting left and right !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wow, yao's arms look massive. i don't know if it's the photos but that's definitely the biggest i've seen him at. hopefully this is a positive out of the injury.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

pryuen, or anyone else who might know, has Yao been pumping iron more than in the past? His tris and bis look very big. Maybe it's just the photos.

13. pryuen

Well if you have watched those video on Rockets official site or nba.com, you'll know the answer. Actually, right before he could start practice his shooting on the chair, catching the tennis ball, fetching the American football, cycling on the treadmill, cycling on the bicycling machine, jumping the rope, Yao Ming had been regularly doing his weight-lifting in the gym. It was reported that his maximum bench press had exceeded 150 KG (330 pounds), but during his rehab, Anthony Falsone did not allow him to lift his max, but just somewhere around 110 KG.....but 8-peats.

14. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

So much for that Yao statement that he'll be back on the 3rd to play the Spurs.

15. pryuen

Not sure what statement you're referring to.

IIRC, Yao Ming never said anything like he's returning to play San Antonio Spurs on March 3rd.

He only referred once to San Antonio Spurs when he said he will just continue working assiduously on his rehab and he will return when he thinks he is ready (and of course, medically cleared). But he won't intentionally pick on lesser/weaker opponents. And if he has to play San Antonio Spurs, then he will gladly accept it as a challenge.

16. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Here was the report by "ritou" ...

Yao may attend the game with Spurs on March 4th. Here is a summary of the report from SINA (http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-02-16/15402760328.shtml)

A trainer of Yao/Houston: Yao's recovery is very fast and he is pretty sure that Yao will show in the game with Spurs on March 4th (3rd here). :D

17. Rockets Dynasty

330 pounds............so he should be to the point where even Shaq can be shoved around by him.

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He reached that point at the end of last year.

19. dram1

dram1 Member

You know...as traumatic and painful as his injury was...the sun has broken through the cloud cover and we can look forward to a return to good health and production.

We should be grateful that we are not dealing with injuries such as this from either Yao or TMac.....<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDrA0bWPlhU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDrA0bWPlhU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The "good thing" was that they were able to pop it back into place on the first try. I am forvever scarred for seeing this...I am scared to even walk now.

20. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Only if Shaq stay at equilibrium.

Imagine if Shaq counter that with his 450 lbs of bench pressing plus an extra 40+ lbs of weight on Yao. Who do you think would win?

Yao new strength would help him maintain his stability while absorbing contact from Shaq. But I don't see Yao backing down Shaq.