1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No More Shaq/Amare/Ben/Yao Comparisons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Dynasty, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Maybe is the new ball that effect his shooting percentage. ;)

2. munco

munco Member

It's only one game, but Yao's the best. Dwight Howard is going to be scary though.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Creepy, you have been banned once already.

DD

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thank you. When Yao wins a championship or at least has some playoff success, the debate about the best center will end. We all know he's the best now but much of the national press missed him at the end of last season because those were garbage games. When the Rockets as a team get respect, Yao will get it too.

I know Shaq has fallen off but last night was particularly ugly. My assumption is the guy will average a strong double-double this season, maybe 18/10. But if the Bulls game is indicative of what he has left in the tank (which I doubt), Yao will take over by default.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Where is Creepyfloyd?.. i dont see him in this thread.?...

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

HAHA so RD is creepy?.. see i tiold you guys that creepy was a bigtime lier. most of his pro mollah facts were lies. just like his sura story.

7. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Yao is better than these guys, but Andrew Bynum >>>>>>>>Yao.

:p

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I'd like to hear from you how many of those games where Yao put up monster numbers were definitively garbage games.

From a guy who had no reservation predicting Dwight Howard to be the future best center in NBA and 2nd coming of Moses Malone (25pts/18rebs), your comment above sure sounds objective, fair and balanced.

#28 wnes, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  9. wozudichter

wozudichter Member

you would need a surgeon to remove Rockets dynasty from yao's nuts.
    the guy goes beyond reality to worship yao. I thought the bulls interior d was amazing. Also, i think all the heat were sluggish from boozing last night.

but the baby bulls looked like they grew up.

10. MONON

MONON Member

I don't know why Shaq doesn't like the new ball, it increased his FT% to 50%! :eek: :D

Seriously though, Shaq & Wallace played against each other last night; so both their numbers will be down.

I only caught bits & pieces of the game last night, but didn't the Bulls single cover Shaq most of the game?!? If so, that might be the biggest testimony to Shaq's decline.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'd much rather have Yao than Ben, but Ben was dominant last night. The Bulls post defense was insanely good, and Ben locking down on the inside allowed all those quick perimeter players to gamble and make opportunities.

12. riverage

riverage Member

Yao stat line:

32 minutes

22points

8-15 FG's

6-8Ft's

12 rebounds

2 assists

3 turnovers

0 steals

1 block

2 fouls

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Nope, Yao is not a one-dimensional player that only does well at one end of the floor. Your description fits Amare and Wallace perfectly,

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Great thread. I couldn't agree more.

5 stars

15. tested911

tested911 Member

Hasn't it only been 1 regular season game so far? :confused: Comparison should start after the first 20 or 30 games.. heck I compare them heavily after the all-star game and end of the regular season....

Come play-off time thats a whole new ballgame.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They were garbage games because nobody in the NBA, besides Rockets fans, cared about them. We were a lottery team who had no chance for the playoffs. After Tracy went down, the Rockets basically didn't count any more (except to us). No national TV, no playoff race discussions about us from the talking heads. Is that so hard to understand? Don't be so sensitive guy. You don't have to answer every single post about Yao.

This must be the prickly season on Clutchfans. Get a grip. This "Yao don't get no respect" stuff is silly. Hope it doesn't last much longer.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I wish the BS stopped here but it's not...

You'll have the hatters hate no matter what you do...

Kinda sad really...

18. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

How about this:

Bynum stat line:

23 min
    18 pts
    9 reb
    5 ast

First NBA game of a 19-year-old.

19. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

There's no doubt in my mind that Yao is better than Shaq, Amare, and Ben Wallace. The problem is that he won't get nation-wide respect as being better than these guys until he beats them on the national stage (ESPN/TNT games) and maybe even not until we go deep into the playoffs on Yao's shoulders.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think Yao is better...

but it's hard to judge on these games. Amare was injured. Shaq played limited minutes in a blowout against arguably the best def. player in the L (probably the best big-man defensive player at least). And Wallace played limited minutes in a blowout ...extrapolate his stats to 35, 37 minutes, and it was pretty solid (especially when using defensive energy against a guy like Shaq).

Forget the small sample size...take a 1 week sample and Shaq and Ben will be better than these stats show. But again...I think Yao is better.