1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/11/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2005.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

MSNBC sports writers must have been smoking pot when they list the likes of Iverson and C-webb (what a joke), LeBron and Ilgauskas (is it just me or anyone else who also thinks he looks so much like that freaking killer played by Peter Stormare in Fargo?), and not even mention T-Mac and Yao in the Dynamic Duos list.

2. birdman

birdman Contributing Member

all i know is that IS a career high, and i don't think anyone can understand the refs

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yeah I'm sure that really mattered

phoenix has more than enough fire power to make up for the absence of marion.

4. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

ESPN giving Yao props on their recaps!! :eek:

usually they're sucking Amare's nuts!!

Amare Stoudemire led Phoenix with 31 points and 10 rebounds, but shot only 2-for-10 in the second half as he was continually frustrated by Yao underneath. Walter McCarty added a season-high 20 points, including six 3-pointers, before fouling out with 3:23 left, and Jim Jackson and Jim Johnson each had 15 points for Phoenix. Steve Nash finished with 10 points and 10 assists.

5. localalien

localalien Contributing Member

All those things Barkley has said about Yao and the Rockets...Yao's soft, the Rockets suck..etc...well I sure hope that crow is tasting good for Charles right now! Go Rockets!!

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I love this game

:D

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

YAO FREAKIN' MING!!!!

If this doesn't prove how good he will become, once he is more consistent and more consistent with his aggression, I don't know what will.

8. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

If God (or the Devil) gave me the option of choosing the Rockets' performance in tonight's game vs.

a) shares of Dell preferred stock
    b) a free case of Glenlivet scotch
    c) a new car (something sensible like a Nissan Sentra)
    d) lovin' from Susan Sarandon circa 1982
    e) a year's supply of pho

I would still choose this game.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

• Incredible game by Yao! What a 4th quarter! The guy was a rebounding machine!
    And Amare had absolutely NO answer for Yao! Amare kept trying to run into Yao to get fouls that WERE NOT being called. And of course Amare whined all night about it.
    Reports were after the game they had to remove the basketball from Amare's mouth since Yao stuffed him so many times it got lodged in his throat.

• Tmac was on FIRE in the 4th giving us offense. How beautiful is it to watch Tmac get into once of those shooting zones!!

• Love Mike James off the bench. Brings that energy and a nice change of pace from Sura. Good combo!

• Ryan Bowen being put in the game was HUGE defensively! Dont underestimate what Bowen did in this game. His quickness was key for us.

10. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Isn't Steve Kerr part owner of the Suns ?? :D :D :D :D :D

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

EX-TEND GUN-DY!! :D

12. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

LMAO!!

Contrary, i want more nights like this for that reason, but i just stating the obvious ! :cool:

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The Suns got their asses handed to them tonight. Where was Amare in the second half? We know where Yao was...

Most enjoyable game of the season for me. What a strong finish.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

At this point, I think there are only 3 teams in the NBA who are prepared to face the Rockets. That would be San Antonio, Miami, and Detroit. I also think we are probably at worst in the top 5 most feared teams by the rest of the league along with Phoenix, SA, and Miami and Detroit. Seattle has to be rooting for us to pass up Sacramento for the fifth seed.

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

No one can stop us when we play like we did tonight, but it wouldve been even better if we beat em when theyre at full strength. Marion also helps them defensively and on the boards. anyway... yeah baby!!!! wooo!!!!!!!! what a natural high.

16. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

I live in Phoenix and i like the suns.....a far second to the Rockets........But the media will play it off like if Marion would of played what would of happened?.......I think we would of won by 10!!!!.................I'll have a good day at work tommorrow listening to excuses!!!!:p :p

17. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

If neither T-Mac nor Yao wins the Player of the Week this time, I can only say :the NBA.com sucks!:D

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

James, Wesley, and Bowen were big keys defensively against Nash, Richardson, and Waltah. I really think if Marion had been playing that we would have still won. Marion likes to drive a lot. McCarty just stands out at the 3 point line. Ming would have been jamming up the middle on Marion and his minutes would have taken away from McCarty's bombs. This game really shifted when James started face guarding Nash. It's obvious that is the matchup that we have to have against Phoenix. Sura simply can't stay with him.

19. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

ESPN HEADLINE

Yao-tta sight! 27 points, 22 boards rock Suns

20. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

YUP!!! Since he came in, the tempo slowed down to our favor and played so much better defensively as a result. Just a great win for us!!! I'm definitely staying up to watch the replay!! Just a great win for us...so frickn awesome!

A little wrinkle I noticed in the second half is how JVG adjusted to the P & R against Nash and Amare. Notice in the first half how Yao covered the P & R by going over the top to double the ball leaving Amare open underneath. Due of the double team, so many holes open up and Nash is such a great passer that he'll hit the open shooter as our defense recovers. Yao is also too slow to cover nash up and caught a couple of fouls cuz of his poor footspeed. They were getting opened looks left and right primarly because of the way we covered the P & R. Then suddenly especially in the 4th quarter, Yao starts to drop back on the P & R and things start to click defensively for us. Nash couldn't weed through the lanes and create havoc or pass to the open teammate because we're pretty much playing everybody 1 on 1 straight up. Also as a result Yao wasn't exposed to fouls defensively and protected the lane. This little wrinkle was one of the reasons why we won. Great defensive adjustment by JVG!