1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Why James Harden is the Most UNDERRATED Player in NBA HISTORY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vlaurelio, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I was gonna post this.

I'm not sure most casual fans realize Hakeem is a top 10 player in NBA history

2. Mr. Clutch

This is a fairly typical response now.

It's OK to bash everyone in the Rockets org except harden for some people

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I blame everyone, including Harden. That post is exactly correct, a lot of other people sucked. Total team effort in sucking last season, from coaching staff on down.

That being said, Harden definitely took a step back last season. Came into camp clearly out of shape, gave noticeably less effort defensively and seemed less "locked-in" overall. Was he partly to blame? Yes. Is he still a top 5-7 player in the league? Yes. Did he deserve to be left off the all-nba team? No.

4. Mr. Clutch

I don't disagree that there is blame to go around.

I wouldn't put harden that high though if we're just talking last year. If we include two years ago then sure

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

FIFY.....

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

I believe another poster cited stats that the man averaged something like 32ppg 8.5apg and 7rpg with ridiculously efficient shooting percentages the last 40 games of the season. All of that compounded with the fact that he basically single handedly carried a Rockets team surrounded by controversy, divas not accepting roles, and multiple players taking steps back to a playoff seed in a competitive western conference makes you scratch your head at how guys like Kyle Lowery and Klay Thompson got the nod over him.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

In some eyes it's a sin to say anything remotely bad about Harden. You have to believe fans like Air Canada has James Harden's blood in their veins. They are ride or die no matter what. Harden can not do any wrong in their eyes.

8. vick

vick Member

Your full of S#it.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden had a down year by his standards and ours no doubt about that.

But you really think harden as of right now with how he played last year is still not a top 5-7 player?

It's hard for me to even come up with more than 4 players before it gets really dicey.

1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. Durant
    4. Westbrook

After that who's better than harden? I honestly I don't even think Russ is better, I actually think the gap is quite big but I know most ppl are drinking up the Russ kool-aid.

But after that can you really put kawai Leonard over him or Chris Paul? I mean I guess you can make an argument. Leonard plays elite defense and is a good offensive player, Chris Paul is the best PG of the last 10 years.

But both players are flawed just like any of the guys I mentioned above. Leonard to me is not a true franchise player, he's perfect for the Spurs but the reality is when he's been asked to carry an offense when pops system breaks down because he's playing the better teams, he's been tbh really bad. Chris Paul is one of my favorite PGs off all time but I always say this, a good wing is always better than a good pg, at least as your best player on a championship team. It's just hard and extreamly rare that a pg is the best team on a championship team.

Harden is bad on D a lot of times but the effect he has on the other teams defense is unlike any player in the game, including Lebron. He can literally do it all on that end and his shot is actually really really good for the volume he takes. Is he KD/curry? No but he's in that group right below them which is a few notches higher than Lebron and light years ahead of Russ Westbrook.

As you noted harden when he played D two years ago was at worst the 3rd best player in the league, I had him at 2 behind Lebron. So that we agree.

I guess as long as people realize he's a top 3 talent in the NBA, then I don't really have any problems with ppl pointing out his leadership and defensive flaws.

Because the three guys when clicking on all cylinders who are just on a different level than the rest our Lebron, KD and Harden. When those three guys are playing there best it's better than the rest including curry. Curry is Close but at the end of the day he doesn't have the size and strength of Those 3 guys which give them the edge. Lebron KD and harden are all the biggest players at their positions.

1 person likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

haters here obviously can't possibly believe there's and ocean of difference between

mchale/jbb, pbev, brewer, ariza, dmo, d12, jterry, jsmith, kj, tjones

vs

cavs, gs, okc coaching and roster without lebron, curry, durant or wb

from that list, only lebron could have possibly carried that group past the 1st round

it's either simply blind hate for harden or low bball IQ or a combination of both

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Everyone prediction and rankings will always vary. I just don't get why some of you get hell bent over stuff like this. That is his opinion. If you believe he is top 5, then all good. If someone has him 8th then it should be all good because it's their opinion. They have their reasoning and so do you guys who put him in the top 5.

I know one thing, it's not a knock on Harden because it's still damn good thing being ranked in the top 10.

12. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

LeBron and Dwight wouldnt get along, Dwight is in the game for the money, he says all the right things to try and be liked but hes two faced and was secretly going to calvin watkins when the rockets were losing games leaking info. Notice Calvin Watkins has said anything about the rockets since Dwight and Terry left

13. vlaurelio

more than 93% of this board put the blame on last year's debacle and bash either the roster outside of harden, coaching, and/or management

you harden haters/low bball iq posters just compromise only a minute less than 7% of this board

it's not a sin to think klay, kawhi, cp3, or lowry were better than harden last year

but its simply either plain hating, jealousy, or delusion to think any of those would have carried last year's sorry bunch of pbev, brewer, ariza, dmo, d12, jterry, tjones, jsmith, kj, mchale/jbb into to the playoffs

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You people uses the word hate loosely. I don't nothing about the man so please refrain from utilizing that nonsense around here dude. Harden is a beast. I actually put him in my top 5. But I'm not going to argue with someone because they put him 8th or 10th. Being in the top 10 in all of the NBA is pretty damn remarkable.

15. vlaurelio

my post was only addressed to the small minority of people who have absolutely conviced themselves

that klay, kawhi, cp3, or lowry would have carried last year's sorry bunch of pbev, brewer, ariza, dmo, d12, jterry, tjones, jsmith, kj, mchale/jbb into to the playoffs

btw it's not remarkable to be ranked lower than players who cannot single handedly carry bottom of the leauge team to the playoffs and have alot bigger flaws than you

and not sure what you're arguing with me about if we both agree that harden was at the very least a top 5 player in the league and should have made an all nba team

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure how you can say he is overrated given that he is not recognized anymore as a top 15 player despite putting up top 5 stats

17. rockets13champs

U must be from Dallas aka the****hole

18. rockets13champs

its supposed to be for caneks

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who has made this argument?

Since Harden is a sg, only Klay is capable of replacing Harden w/o restructuring the roster in terms of position. And Harden is a much better #1 option than Klay.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm just simply pointing out that everyone opinions varies when it comes to ranking these players. And that, I don't see anything wrong with a member placing him out of the top 5 but still has him in their top 10. Rankings 2-10 could go either way.

You are also making a big time assumption. You don't know what Klay or Lowery or any other top 10 player would've done with this squad last year. I really do not understand why you guys keep bringing that up. To me it's really irrelevant.