ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
MiracleShot is offline Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
MiracleShot
MiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39391
Video http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/201...opymov-2046923
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/kyle...012_03_09.html
Quote:
HOUSTON - For the first time since being diagnosed with a bacterial infection earlier this month, Kyle Lowry was able to join his teammates as they took part in shootaround prior to Monday's game against he Sacramento Kings. Afterward, Lowry met with the media to provide an update on his health status. What follows is the transcript from that interview session.
Click the link, give Friedman some hits.

Sponsored Link
Commodore is offline Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
lost 15 pounds, no timetable for return, yikes, that's not encouraging

QdoubleA is offline Old 03-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
QdoubleA
QdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24521
Ha! I love how he said the radiologist sent him to a real doctor. Suck it radiologists!

arif1127 is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
arif1127
Contributing Member
arif1127 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodarif1127 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5199
Quote:
Originally Posted by QdoubleA View Post
Ha! I love how he said the radiologist sent him to a real doctor. Suck it radiologists!
Suck what, the $300k per year they make?

RV6 is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
FWIW, the update was included in this thread, well the link to the transcript. And there's some discussion over it..

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...&postcount=105

Last edited by RV6; 03-31-2012 at 11:36 PM.

dsid411 is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
dsid411
dsid411 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43101
Oh well we got Dragic

Medicine N Music is offline Old 04-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Medicine N Music
Contributing Member
Medicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMedicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17958
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif1127 View Post
Suck what, the $300k per year they make?
More like 500,000 at least. Many make $1 million+.

Medicine N Music is offline Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
Medicine N Music
Contributing Member
Medicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMedicine N Music is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17958
Quote:
Originally Posted by QdoubleA View Post
I believe he said "another doctor", not a "real" doctor. What do you have against radiologists btw? You do know that it's been one of the harder residencies to get into for the past 15 years right?

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 03-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
Groin issue still unresolved. Hmmmmmmmm...

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

rolyat93 is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroundTheWorld View Post
Groin issue still unresolved. Hmmmmmmmm...
Sounds like Chlamydia to me.

across110thstreet is offline Old 03-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
looks like he's not going to play based on the diagnosis and ongoing treatment.

OremLK is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
This article is from 5 days ago, before he got the catheter out of his arm.

No Worries is offline Old 04-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
No Worries
Contributing Member
No Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the pointsNo Worries is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #584
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
This article is from 5 days ago, before he got the catheter out of his arm.
That's no arm.

houseofglass21 is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
houseofglass21
houseofglass21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42211
No Lowry and no Martin ='s less driving the lane and flopping trying to get a call instead of trying to take a decent shot

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Bye bye steve francis

nachbarFTW is offline Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
nachbarFTW
nachbarFTW is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnachbarFTW is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42989
What actually happend? What does "bacterial infection" mean? Anybody?

“It should not be denied... that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations,
with absolute freedom, and the road has always led West.”

dobro1229 is offline Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachbarFTW View Post
What actually happend? What does "bacterial infection" mean? Anybody?
I had a very similar Bacterial Infection like Lowry's when I was in college and was living in the dorms and it was during basketball season as well.

The cause is basically like any cold... basteria. However, 70% of your body's immune system is in your stomach and intestine area. A bacterial infection will attach a host in your gut and is nearly impossible for your body's immune system to get rid of on its own because the nature of it attacking your immune system so heavily. Thats why you need the antibiotics.

You basically get a cold similar to the flu. Then if you dont take care of yourself properly by getting enough rest, or you are still putting your body through strenuous activity(like playing in the NBA) that bacteria could linger around long enough to attack your gut and become infected.

In my case, i was playing my butt off on my basketball team, working out, partying when i could, not eating right, studying, and barely sleeping at night. I had a nasty cold that got slightly better, but never went away for 2 months until when I had a 102 fever for a week straight, finally sucked it up and went to the doctor. Case was a bacterial infection.

WinkFan is offline Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineWinkFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobro1229 View Post
I had a very similar Bacterial Infection like Lowry's when I was in college and was living in the dorms and it was during basketball season as well.

The cause is basically like any cold... basteria. However, 70% of your body's immune system is in your stomach and intestine area. A bacterial infection will attach a host in your gut and is nearly impossible for your body's immune system to get rid of on its own because the nature of it attacking your immune system so heavily. Thats why you need the antibiotics.

You basically get a cold similar to the flu. Then if you dont take care of yourself properly by getting enough rest, or you are still putting your body through strenuous activity(like playing in the NBA) that bacteria could linger around long enough to attack your gut and become infected.

In my case, i was playing my butt off on my basketball team, working out, partying when i could, not eating right, studying, and barely sleeping at night. I had a nasty cold that got slightly better, but never went away for 2 months until when I had a 102 fever for a week straight, finally sucked it up and went to the doctor. Case was a bacterial infection.
Colds are caused by a virus, not a "basteria". They may have similiar symptoms, but they are totally different. Probably the most improtant difference it that antibiotics can cure a bacterial infection, but will do absolutely nothing for a cold or flu. There are some antiviral drugs, but in most case you have to wait for a virus to run it's course.

dobro1229 is offline Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinkFan View Post
Colds are caused by a virus, not a "basteria". They may have similiar symptoms, but they are totally different. Probably the most improtant difference it that antibiotics can cure a bacterial infection, but will do absolutely nothing for a cold or flu. There are some antiviral drugs, but in most case you have to wait for a virus to run it's course.
I know, I was comparing it to a bad cold or flu because the symptoms and affects are basically the same, and people would understand how he was feeling. It feels like you have the flu that doesnt go away on its own. Basically... your just sick and feel like S&%$.

across110thstreet is offline Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
thanks for putting that in perspective dobro