1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Touche... A-Train... Who's better here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 26, 2004.

?

Which band is better?

1. Led Zeppelin

62 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. The Who

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Fatty FatBastard

This is the obviously debatable poll. No one with a grain of sense is going to say that the Beatles weren't the largest influence on rock and roll. And the Stones were and are the Stones.

The Question is.... and always has been...

Who is better with The Who and Zeppelin?

I'll let y'all decide.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think I speak for the dumbass, ignorant teenager demographic of this Hangout when I say...

WHO GIVES A ****

3. Fatty FatBastard

Now, now, Moe. There will be a time in your horrifically bad music genre when people will be asking.....

Who's better? Timberlake or Eminem?:p

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

The Who is a good band, of course...BUT I feel this poll is an insult to Led Zeppelin. Led should win this in a landslide.

This poll is a little on the pointless side, though, with the favorite band thread already going.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Bull****. Because even though Led Zeppelin kicks The Who's ass at rocking, The Who is a better rock and roll band. Great poll. Better than the Beatles v. the Stones.

6. rockets-#1

Yeah that statement makes a lot of sense. To be a good Rock and Roll band, wouldn't you need to be good at rocking? No one Rocks out like Led, man.

*Better drummer
    *One of the best lead guitars of all time
    *Who else sounds like Robert Plant? No one. The man is in a class by himself, his voice has a multitude of different sounds.
    *JPJ is just damn good

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

LZ rocks harder, but they don't have anyone approximating Pete Townshend. They do rock harder, and I love them, but Pete's the bomb. JPJ's great, but so's John Entwistle. I'd put him up against any bass player ever. And better drummer? There's never been a better drummer than Keith Moon. Never.

8. rockets-#1

Well we'll just have to see what the rest of the BBS thinks once they wake up.

LED ZEPPELIN.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry, Batman, but I have to say Led over the Who.

The Who was a great rock and roll band and "Who's Next" is an album that every music lover must buy. However, I have 7 LZ albums and they really are the godfathers of heavy metal.

10. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

Led Zeppelin is a good band, of course...BUT I feel this poll is an insult to the Who. the Who should win this in a landslide.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I have to agree with part of this....

I like John Paul as a bassist and a musician in general.....but the Late Great John Entwistle would kick his ass every day of the week and twice on Sundays...
    Hell..I would put him up against one of my favorite bassists EVER (Steve Harris) and JE woud still come out on top.....just an incredible bass player...

I dont agree about Moon tho.....great great drummer.....but Bonzo gets the nod here...

Plant is obviously the better singer....should be no question..

I like Pete alot...but Jimmy Page is the better songwriter and guitarist......close...but no cigar....sorry Pete....

overall.....as great as the Who was at out and out rockin...

aint nobody done it better then the Mighty Zep. period. :p
    :)

12. Palmray

at least it was Keith Moon who put his dick in Yoko Ono's soup. Which makes them even greater :D

13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i love them both equally. no shame really in coming in second for either one.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Who beats the crap out of Led Zeppelin. Pete Townshend wrote songs that Page and Plant can only dream of. No contest.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Although I like The Who better, I gotta go with Led Zep. IMO The Who was the first punk band ever.

As far as Bonzo vs. Moon, come on. That's a tough one. Kind of like comparing Ed Shaughnessy to Buddy Rich. Ed is a master but Buddy is a gift from God. Same goes for Moon and Bonzo. Moon is one of the most influential drummers of our time but Bonzo...

Bonzo is the Buddy Rich of rock drumming.

16. Palmray

Here's a story you will not believe but it's true. One of my best friends (from the ones you got only 3) once got a blowjob from John Bonham's daughter Zoe. Sorry no pictures. But it's true. It was in the mountains. And by the way, she is a very cool person.

Thats no BS.

1 person likes this.
  17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking......except the other way around.

Two hundred years from now, people will still be listening to Led Zep. I just don't feel confident saying the same thing about the Who, The Beatles, or the Stones.

18. droxford

droxford Member

hands down, Led Zeppelin. I never liked The Who at all..

-- droxford

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've always loved Led Zep. I've grown to really like the Who.

What I loved about the Who was that, in the age of love-in's and flower children, they were the collective middle finger for the disenfranchised. The screen in Won't Get Fooled Again is the greatest in rock history. Plus, how can you beat lyrics like...

Meet the new boss.
    Same as the old boss.

They were just pissed off and didn't give a crap about who liked it or didn't like it. That was cool.

Zep were the innovaters. Just as the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix essentially defined the use of the recording studio, Jimmy Page elevated recording hard rock to an artform. They were an amazing group of musicians who wrote some of the most memorable musical hooks in rock history.

Nuno Bettencourt did a clinic at a store where I worked in the early 90's and he said that with Extreme, he just tried to write great guitar riffs but it was tough because Jimmy Page had already written them all. He wasn't far from the truth.

20. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

LED ZEPPELIN ................. I like The Who, but I have to go with LZ......easy poll.........