1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets redesign alternate uniform?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Jan 22, 2011.

?

Should the Rockets redesign alternate uniform?

1. Yes, please!

176 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No, I still love it

96 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I just create this thread about alternate uniform because I want to get everyone opinion what you think so far on current alternate uniform.

I heard some people complained about how alternate uniform looks and it should be redesigned.

Here what I think, the Rockets should change the 'mustard yellow' color to 'gold'. Also, it would be much better if the jersey number color is all white instead of mustard yellow, so it match the letter "HOUSTON" all white color. It just doesnt make sense that that there are difference in color between the font letter and jersey number. I wish I can show you the picture of jersey from photoshop so you can see the picture of gold instead of mustard but I dont know how to do it.

Anyway, what you guys think? You can upload your own photoshop here and see if people really love yours. Appreciate your feedback.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

when was gold ever a rockets color?

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

losers dont get new jerseys ...only winners do...plus i think we should have a black and red type uniform similar to the road warm ups those look BA

4. k-money

k-money Member

yeah there OK, i guess.

5. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

I hate our stupid home and away uniforms. Ugliest in the NBA. Our alternates are probably the best in the NBA.

6. Garner

Garner Member

How about we move away from the chinese take out box uniforms all together and get some new unis!

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I like them better then our actual uni's..

8. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

We should make our players suffer through wearing these if they're going to play like crap.

[​IMG]

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pic failed. These you mean, right? :p

[​IMG]

10. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

No, I like them. They should get new home and away jerseys though. Or make the alternate style the regular jerseys, and make a new alternate one.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I never understood why they went away from the classic uniforms. Perfect color way, perfect font, great simple design ... everything was spot on.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Simply beautiful.

Now everything is just off... colors too bright, ugly fonts, boring/ugly design.

New jerseys designs are needed, period.

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I know gold was not a rockets color. Instead of too bright mustard yellow, I thought maybe gold would be perfect color because it represents the color of trophies that rockets won in 94' and 95'.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

No they need to redesign our primary ones.

14. tcsmith031

tcsmith031 Member

I think they should make the alternates into the road unis, redesign the home unis to go with those, and then design a black/red alternate that goes with those warmups, like the guy above mentioned.

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

yes i think the alternate uniforms needa be changed. i think of McD's. Even just a thinner yellow on the sides.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

The jersey's describe our performance on the court.

17. Roxs-Redemption

As much I still love our alternative uniform. I think the away one isn't very good espically the strips in grey colours; i guess Rocket's should coloured it white or something. I'm not exactly sure, if it make sense to any of you. =/
    Agree.

18. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I wonder why NBA banned the Rockets proposal of black alternate jersey few years ago. The NBA said that's because there are many black jerseys in NBA. I disagree because there are few ones in the NBA. Also, whats the point of NBA banning black jerseys even though there are too many white home jerseys. If there are a lot of white jerseys, then why can't there be blacks?

There are only four teams in the NBA that has black jerseys.

SA
    MIA
    Chi
    Orl

It seems that there are not many black jerseys out there in the NBA right now. I still dont understand why NBA did that.

1 person likes this.
  19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

people need to let the idea of the black jerseys go.. not gonna happen.. The Rockets have never been associated with the color black until now with the warmups that should always be RED.. they need to bring back the championship unis and logo with finer details and jersey cut to fit with the times... sorta how detroits logo looks like the old one but kinda new and cleaner.. they will use todays technology to recreate the old logo..

1 person likes this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

No, but they should redesign the team.

1 person likes this.