1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Draft Special - Anyone See It?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jeff, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I was at a restaurant, but they had a bunch of stuff on Reggie Bush and the Texans and interviewed Casserly. Just wondering if anyone had a recap.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

CC basically said that they haven't made their decision on who to draft. They are open to trading it and have had talks with teams. He said if they do trade, they will go down only a few spots. The most interesting part of the interview was when he said they hadn't made the decision between Reggie Bush and Mario Williams not Vince Young.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Was this on sportscenter or was it a show called Espn Draft Special? Just wondering what I should look for to try and Tivo a repeat.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It was on ESPN called ESPN Draft Special. It was on from 6:30-8:00. They are either airing a repeat or continuing the special Thursday night, the same time.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There is a repeat on tonight at like 3am.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh, you didn't miss much. Casserly just gave the typical PR type answers to the questions they asked him, which is exactly what he's supposed to do. Nobody wants to tip their hand on national TV.

They asked him if we were going to draft Bush and he said he's not sure, but of course we all know they are. He did say that if we trade down, he wouldn't want to trade below the 5th pick.

They had one spot devoted to the "cons" of VY as an NFL QB. I kind of figured there would already be a 10 page thread dedicated to that spot by the time I logged on tonight. ;)

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I saw it there is a 99% chance they take bush and I'm cool with that.

I am more intrested in the first pick of round two and the first two picks of round three and the first pick of round four.

This draft will make or break our franchise over the next five to ten years.

I am pumped up!

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL, ROFL

Bush or Mario. See, they're posturing. He's trying to get a bidding war going for that pick.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Dude, I am really worried about you. You're the last survivor of the Vince Young True Believer Camp.

I'm afraid that when the Texans dont:

1) Draft Vince
    2) Trade down for Vince

you will go postal.

Hope is a good thing but sooner or later you gotta see the light. Vince isn't playing for the Texans next year. Just hope he gets drafted by a cool franchise (read: not Bud's) and that he has a great career.

Don't worry, Reggie will grow on ya.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Uh, who are you talking to?

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would like to have VY, no doubt. I think he is going to be the primo player in this league for many years. He has that charisma and leadership that all the greats have. But I am prepared for the reality of not getting him. I'll take Bush. He will be a great player too. He just won't have quite as much impact on his team as Young will have on his team because of the positions they play and the ability of VY to make those around him much better, the ability to get them to outperform.

But, I do think the Texans and Casserly are trying to get a bidding war going for the pick. Young or no Young, I think if they got a Walker-Williams type trade, they would take it.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was wondering the same thing. :confused:

13. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I watched the show last night and for the second could not believe what the hell was coming out of Merril Hodge's mouth. About a month ago I watched him talk about the draft on one of the ESPN shows and he says that he doesn't believe Vince is a first DAY pick as a QB. He said he thinks Vince should be picked in the 4th or 5th round. Yesterday he comes out and says NONE of the QB's except maybe for Jay Cutler are worthy of being selected in the first round. I don't understand this guy's logic.

14. Buck Turgidson

Nobody does. 27 concussions will do that to a guy.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You talking to me? You talking to me?

[​IMG]

Yeah I'm the last Vince-o-maniac hold out. If you can create your own delusions you can live in a perfect world.

If you look at the fate of of a lot of the fist round QB draft picks of late then you can make an argument that their hit or miss nature makes them too risky to pick early. Leaf, Shuler, Harrington, even Carr and Smith. You could have picked a QB in the 4th round and done about as well.

#15 Dubious, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm still holding out hope.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...Is Vince Young perfect, no, but the upside is worthy of a Top 5 pick...I firmly believe he will be great in this league...Maybe not next year, but in the long run, ala Air McNair...

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

mario williams is not so outlandish. a great de can anchor your entire defense for years.

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think Voltaire could write volumes on "The Great Vince Young vs. Reggie Bush Debate of Two Thousand and Six."

20. msn

msn Member

Draft day can't come soon enough. This has been the longest, stupidest, most irritating offseason in sports history.