1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns and Rockets Offer Contract to John Lucas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Jul 16, 2006.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This may seem favorable to go to the Suns, but don't forget who he would be backing up. We're talking about the MVP. John Lucas III will not look good in comparison, therefore, we have the advantage in that way. Why would you want to play behind the best to earn a new contract? Why would you want to back up the best to continue a career? The best will only make you look worse than you are. Backing up Rafer is actually an advantage to the Rockets in this situation.

No offense to Rafer, the MVP is the MVP.

3. rocketfan20

rocketfan20 Contributing Member

Where does it say that the Rockets have offered him a contract too? So far, I only see the Suns making him an offer.

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

This just in:

John Lucas was seen jumping up and kicking Steve Nash in the knee caps. When asked about the incident, John simply replied, "A man's gotta do whatever it takes, it's tough in the NBA. Big guys like Steve need to quit crying and suck it up".

5. lex13

lex13 Member

From link / article in first post:

6. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Like Clutch said, JL3 will be "stupid" (not Clutch's exact words though) not to go with Phoenix' offer - he indeed stands a better chance to up his value in Phoenix' system than JVG's.

We now sit with our fingers crossed.

7. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I'd be incredibly shocked if he didn't accept Phoenix's offer. Nash will likely need more and more rest as he gets older so that means more minutes for Lucas, whereas Alston, McGrady and Head all are capable ballhandlers who JVG would play ahead of Lucas.

8. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Sorry, I can't help noticing this quote. Why is it that Houston is not one of the team interested in Gooden. I think Gooden will be a good fit in Houston.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

suns offered him 2yrs guaranteed. what did the rockets offer him?

10. rocketfan20

rocketfan20 Contributing Member

Thanks, missed it.

11. kingkow

kingkow Member

you will be playing in honour of your father till you DIE

no other considerations

12. rawool

rawool Member

I don't think he would look at it that way. I'm sure he would be thrilled to be able to watch and practice with Nash.

13. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Did the Suns offer a trade kicker? CD needs to offer a trade kicker.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Two years of Mcdonald value meals. We will consider to biggie size them in case the negotiation gets tough.

15. henrock

henrock Member

Don't the Suns also have Barbosa? I doubt Lucas will get ahead of him on the depth chart

16. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

And learn from him, too. Invaluable experience.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i thought i read lucas' dream was playing with the rockets. no link, so maybe,maybe no. if you look at the two depth charts he'd as of right now be our back-up pg and the third pg in phoenix. advantage rockets.

obviously phoenix has the best potential for him to showcase his skills, should he get on the court, but i think having yao and t-mac to give the ball to is mighty nice as well.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

suns have depth at pg in barbosa and diaw. maybe this allows the suns the luxuru of taking the small risk in throwing jlii a guaranteed 2yr contract.

maybe the rockets offer isn't so attractive?

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Gooden is said to want Nene money, I don't see how Pheonix or the Rox can afford him. The Rox better outbid the Suns for JL3, it will be an embarrassment if we don't.

20. rserina

rserina Member

Are we that worried about a likely third-string point guard not signing with us? Didn't we cut him last year?