1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Adelman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CrazyJoeDavola

I know we have only had our full contingent for a few games, but I feel it is pretty obvious that this team is lost.

No chemistry.

Lockeroom is showing signs of falling apart.

Our offense is wildly inconsistent. I enjoyed the 90 point JVG performances more than this. At least it was a CONSISTENT 90 points.

Our defense has taken a big step back from its prominence a year or so ago.

This team is outhustled on most nights.

This was supposed to be the deepest team in Rockets history. 10-11 deep!

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Might as well.

I'f you're an idiot.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Last season was coached by Adelman, just so you know.

I doubt Adelman has suddenly lost his coaching powers...

Just watch the game, its obvious a lot of our players (T-mac and Battier namely) have gotten old and are slow...and when your key players are broken down, it's pretty obvious whats going to happen to the boxscore.

4. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Oh shut up already there are enough hate threads already why can't you contribute to them and if you don't like it leave already and get off the bandwagon

5. Convictedstupid

Still not sure why hasnt taken out his starters right now..

Even worell was questioning it.

6. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

ya if we lose this game, i am pretty sure he deserves to get fired and shot in the back of head.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

For sure not the coach.

Players are just plain horrible. Specifically? Yao, Tracy, Battier, Rafer.

Unbelievable. There is no excuse; this is pathetic.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Trade McGrady first.

9. RedRaiderRocket

There is a bandwagon?

10. CrazyJoeDavola

Has he? I don't see a motion offense out there. I don't see the D we played last year. I don't see the hustle we saw last year. I don't see the motivation we had last year.

Players are culpable here, but in the end, the coach is the one to hold responsible. That's just the way it is.

11. CrazyJoeDavola

I don't see any threads talking about Adelman's job security.

No one is forcing you to participate so get lost if you don't like the topic.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Well, I doubt any other coach can fix this sorry team. JVG? ha...we'll end up having crappy defense AND offense.

13. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

i love these types of threads after a lost :D .

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Fans were not saying fire Adelman when he had players like Drexler and Webber and Bibby leading his team to the Finals or conference finals.

It's all about the players on the Rockets. When your team leader (McGrady) doesn't come to play every night, all the other players follow him.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

he failed to recognize yao is neither diva nor webb. why does yao keep to come out to screen. yao is useless when he is out of his comfort zone.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The players seemed more motivated last year. Maybe it was lingering effects of JVG. Maybe it was their own inner pride. Maybe some of them responded to the change.

Whatever it was... the bottom line is that it isn't there anymore. The players ARE NOT RESPONDING TO HIM!! They're not playing hard (all of them), they don't play with any sort of cohesiveness or chemistry (all of them), certain key players don't play at all anymore (Hayes, Head), and I can plainly see that Adelman has no clue what he's going to get out of his team any given night.

When its this late into the season, and your coach has no idea what type of team he has, or what they're even capable of, he's not doing his job. Adelman isn't a spring chicken. He doesn't have the strength to sleep in his office and come up with something innovative to light a fire under this team (which is what they need).

Its frustrating that the Rockets went this direction in the first place. Couldn't have found a more mis-fit coach for this roster.

17. joesr

joesr Member

just remember CV and Sheed/Prince could have been playing tonight in red jerseys

18. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

One more thing.....how many coaches are going to get fired before the blame shifts to McGrady?

Look at Doc Rivers. He wasn't regarded as a good coach until he had players that really cared about winning. Adelman shouldn't have to motivate McGrady.

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The Rockets are going nowhere as long as McGrady's around. The Rockets didn't have any problems playing hard while he was out.

He's back and once again the Rockets are lifeless and stagnant.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm so disgusted by the effort this team puts out there night in and night out.

And by "team" I mostly mean McGrady.

I am so sick of his antics. He's dead to me.

What has he done for the Rockets?

Playoffs and thats it.

Not clutch, not a scorer when we need it, and this year he's not even a playmaker.

This team makes me sad because I foolishly thought they could contend for a title.

The good news I suppose is that it can be fixed, but this team needs a serious wakeup call, and maybe that means shipping the pieces that don't fit out of here.