1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBC] Doctor Who

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, May 8, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Anyone watching the show? What do you think of the new cast? I miss David Tennant and initially thought the new guy looked like a cross between Nick Nolte and Mike Dunleavy Jr, but Matt Smith is kind fo growing on me. Karen Gillan is fun.

2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Caught the pilot of the new series on DVR recently... Amy Pond can cuff me anytime. Matt Smith seems to be bringing back some character as the Doctor. I like.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Amy Pond is a total cutiepie I like her

not sold on Smith yet as the new Doctor. Tennant was just that damn good. I really didn't want to see him go but it's understandable.

So far though felt the episodes have been a bit weak except the weeping angels episodes. Those things are freaky

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How do the new shows compare to the older Tom Baker stuff? That's the last time I watched Dr. Who.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I like the David Tennant Doctor almost as much as Baker's.

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Anyone still watching the Doctor?

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

This season is amazing so far.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

still watching matt smith has grown on me as the doctor, but tennant is still the best by far and amy pond is still the cutest companion the doctor has had since the series reboot in 2005.

also river song is bad ass and sexy

the new season started off good tonights pirate episode looks like it'll be entertaining as well

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I like how this season started, but I felt for building up the Silent so much with the premiere and having them as a theme all of last year, they were defeated way to easily. Though I guess the whole Astronaut and girl this is still unanswered so maybe they are not completely defeated yet.

The thing is that the Tennant's 10th doctor and the Matt Smith 11th doctor are two completely different doctors. The 10th is just such a little kid's heart in a big man's body, fascinated by everything, enjoying every moment and wears his emotions on his sleeves. The 11th doctor enjoys things, but he it almost like he is more of the brooding type.

When he is excited and all, it seems more like he his happy at the moment and the comes back to remember all that has happened (for previous doctors or not). He just feels older. He remembers things being fresh and new and all, but the more time having lost people he cares for and all has just made him even more somber and defensive.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was always partial to Billie Piper
    [In the Confessions of a Call Girl she was RIDICULOUSLY NICE LOOKING]

I have not been following the new season.

Rocket River

11. worzel gummidge

I didn't care for Tennant Doctor or the other new Doctor so I didn't follow their run. The redhead makes it easy to watch this series. Neil Gaiman wrote an episode for this season so that should be good.

The best Doctor was still played by this guy:
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LiP0j-LHv88?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Billie Piper looks like a TROLL......:eek:

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Troll?

Rocket River

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Mat Smith is doing a great Job. Dare I say, with more seasons under his belt, he might surpass DT as fan favorite doctor.

Amy Pond is nice; that pouty thing she does works for me. Not feelin' this is she or isn't she in love with the Doctor stuff; makes Rory look like a straight b****. Not sure if I'm supposed to like Rory's character.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I've heard so many good things about this show. Started with the firs David Tennant episode (a Christmas special).

The whole thing seemed very silly to me, I got bored half way through the episode.

Tell me whether it gets better or if it's just not my thing.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay I am watching on Netflix to catch up... I just finished season 2. Loved Eccleston, loved Billie Piper, and love Tennant.... I wish they would stop change the cast though... just when I get attached they move in another companion or The Doctor regenerates!

I'm not sure about Matt Smith - he's not as cool or quirky as Docs 9 and 10. But perhaps he will grow on me.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are not going to stop treating actors like assets until the show is championship caliber.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The Christmas episodes are not the best ones to start with because they are a bit more silly and "family" than the episodes during the season. Also, that one was very much in the middle of a storyline. At times the plots, foes, or what not can seem a bit silly, but it is a television show, so it should be expected in some respects.

The 1st true season with Tennant is very good though, so you should give it a few more chances.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Doctor who??

20. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I have not been able to bring myself to watch a single post-DT episode.

And I have half of the following series.