1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] This is everything I've heard on trades...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1514/sources_rockets_active_in_trade_talks/

I have not heard Boozer. When someone on a random message board says it was reported on "local Houston radio" and it wasn't broken here within 2 minutes of it being uttered on air, that's a good bet to be garbage.

Rumors are rumors... if they come from good sources, it's usually where there's smoke there is fire. But what I feel confident about is that Ron Artest will be traded. I've posted this on the board and have talked extensively about it on the radio the past 4 weeks, but I feel confident that is going to happen. That's just my feeling based on info... he could certainly stay, but if so I'd be confused. There's just a lot behind the scenes with him that maybe I can post at a later date, but I do not feel there is any chance he will be re-signed.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Thanks for the update, Clutch!

This would be a terrible trade! :mad:

#2 Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow ... that makes me think a big trade is likely. Unlike what the Chronicle has been reporting, which is that a minor trade is much more likely. Great info.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the info clutch. I agree a lot of these rumors are bogus, but I always felt that Ron Artest would be the one to be traded. His contract is reasonable, plus it is expiring. Ever since the summer I felt that this was a low risk high reward sort of deal. Unfortunately it hasn't entirely worked out and he is the odd man out.

5. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch.

While I would love to have Amare, I really question if he would be a good fit for Yao.

Also, I know you have to give up something to get something, but I don't want to lose Brooks AND Landry!

6. durvasa

If we're giving up Brooks and Landry, I would think there needs to be another deal for a PG. Or perhaps the plan is to use Barry as the backup point (that's one way to get him more minutes).

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

excited but at the same time giving up both landry and brooks? how do you feel about letting those two go clutch?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thanks for the update Clutch.

1.) Very interesting news about Artest, I guess it would be better to move him now and get something for him and his expiring deal. I like his attitude on the court, but honestly he's been a huge disappointment and I don't think he is our "missing piece"

2.) I would love Mike Miller in a Rockets uniform. He can shoot lights out, and get to the rack as well. This team has to find people who can get the ball in the hoop. If we can't play defense like we used to, we better be able to score with anyone.

3.) Don't you think giving up Brooks and Landry in an Amare deal is a little tough to swallow? Given that we don't even have a backup PG outside of Brooks right now, that would leave Rafer as our only true point. gulp.

9. durvasa

Brooks and Landry represent our future on this team, and the Rockets already gave up Donte Green in the offseason.

That would mean we gave up on 3 promising young players for Amare, effecitvely. For a team that's apparently very much conscious of keeping the team competitive long term, that's a real surprise.

I think I'd prefer a deal involving Artest and Miller, but it really depends on the availability of McGrady this season.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Wow ron ron, head, landry and brooks... Brooks where would we get another pg .

11. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

damn it...these next few days are going to be nerve racking :(

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

More importantly to me is the hints that behind the scenes Artest has been a problem, either with his game or being a headcase. I think T-macs behaviour this season is also questionable, maybe trading him away will solve our chemistry problem.

Like I mentioned before we are essentially the same team as last year but we've added Artest. Its clear his affected TEAM CHEMISTRY. All this hating on T-mac, Yao, Bat man. It didn't happen last season when we were balling.

Trading Artest is our BEST solution I think

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thanks Clutch for clearing up all the bogus and nonsense rumors out there. No need to keep going back to "What Solomon hearing?" when we have you.

14. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Thanks a lot Clutch!
    Was waiting to hear from you on this topic.

15. ty185

ty185 Member

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That does seem like a lot to give up. I'd try to throw in Battier and get Barbosa back as well. I don't know if they would bite on that though.

17. Tornadoofsoul6

If it was just Landry, Artest, Head; that would be somewhat ok; add Brooks in there and that would skew our depth..

18. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Damn...So is McGrady being a ***** because of Artest, his injury or because that's just who he is? If it's because of Artest, he should go, not Artest. Drop him for Marbury if NYK bites.

If Artest does get traded however, I'd really like to know what caused it other than his inconsistent play on the court.

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I bet the roster will stay pat except for luther head!!! Too much for amare I rather have them trade alston and ron and luther head for a pg..

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think Amare would be a great fit. He's not going to clog the lane as he isn't a back to the basket type player like Yao. He can hit the mid range shot with regularity (something that seems to be big in Ricks offense). Lets not forget his ability to finish. Landry and Brooks do seem a lot but hey, at least we keep Scola. Now if we give up Brooks, that leaves us without a true backup Point. That has me a little worried. But it wouldn't be fair to PHX if we didn't give up at least 2 young prospects.