1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Lord.... am I the only one here who has taken 15 millligrams of Ambien?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LeGrouper, Oct 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I should mention that while I type this there are sparkly little furry friends hangin ont he letters

THis is a fun experience, not frighting, but strong, so do not try with out sopervison. I am typing in marshmello.....

But now I should sleep. Everything breaths. Beatiful. All of my pain coaxed out of the lattice in my head to be licked to death by amy and her icy lickers until it shatters and sleep befalls the grouper....

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a wee bit more disturbing to read than someone who posts drunk.

3. LeGrouper

For Real....

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

5. underoverup

underoverup Member

Have fun ---- :eek:

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ambien....doesn't really affect me on it's own...but combine it with something that makes you stay awake, and it makes for one scary experience. Ambien is the devil. I wouldn't reccomend staying awake on that stuff unless you are supervised.

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I am typing in marshmello.....

[​IMG]

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What happens if you stay awake and take ambien?

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Someone go over to his place and take advantage of him.

That'll teach him a lesson.

You now, this reminds me of this wise quote:

"Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo flying across in front of a beautiful sunset. And he has a beautiful rose in his beak. And also he is carrying a very beautiful painting in his feet. And also, you're drunk."

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It has almost an hallucinogenic effect. Walls will 'breathe', rocks will appear to crawl around, you'll imagine hearing things. But I've gotten these effects when combining it with other things, so I doubt 15mg on it's own would do any of this. I've just had some bad experiences with Ambien so I try to stay clear of it now and reccomend that others do the same.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, I hope you got some decent sleep.
    Oh, and always be sure your fish is fully cooked, LeGrouper.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i've never taken ambien (although i hear it's popular w/ the younger kids), but if it's anything like xanax, i'd need some liquor to feel the effects. but i guess they're different drugs entirely, so maybe not.

i prefer morphine or a bottle of tussinex. doing nothing never felt so good.

14. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i used to take SOnata. crap sucks as you can see

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Vioxx on it's own = wonder drug.
    Zanaflex on it's own = wonder drug.
    Combined = Psychotropic nightmares and sleep walking. Turns Mulder into Michael Myers (not the comedian)

:eek:

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Ambien is good, not evil.

It is the best thing for international flights. Sitting in a freaking sardine can for 20 hours on the way to Manila is a lot easier if you are comatose.

Also very good for PTSD. When my wife and I were nearly killed last Thanksgiving my a drunk driver, I couldnt sleep more than 1-3 hours a night for a few weeks. Ambien got me back on track.

Also I took it at 7pm on Saturday during the MS150 so all the drunk riders wouldnt wake me up. I felt great the next morning.

Its a nice little drug, never used it recreationally however.

17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Agreed, knowing I sleep terribly on planes and going to Greece, I asked my doctor what to do. He first recommended Tylenol PM--but I know that is basically Benadryl which makes you very foggy the next day. Ambien worked like a charm in getting me sleep on the plane and for adjusting to a 10 hour time difference. For as strong as it is it really doesn't leave you that foggy the next day and allows you to get 1/2 nights sleep if needed.

Haven't tried heavy doses and staying awake though.

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

My wife has a standing prescription for Ambien to help her with her Restless Leg Syndrome. (Yes, that's an actual muscle disorder). When the symtoms of RLS hit and she can't sleep, she takes Ambien.

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No, but you're probably the only person to try and post on a message board after taking 15 milligrams of Ambien...

20. LeGrouper

And that was exactly my goal! Thank you for reminding me!... you know how the mind can get when it gets as it has.....:)