1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My personal campaign to get Sidney Moncrief into the Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jul 9, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm going to start small, by starting this thread. But expect a LOT more to come, such as me posting in this thread a lot.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueWFDhfD1BM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueWFDhfD1BM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If one can name a cooler person from Arkansas aside from Bill Clinton than Sidney Moncrief I'd like to hear it.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

1. Bill Clinton sucks

2. Billy Bob Thornton is from Arkansas and he got to touch Angelina Jolie's goods :cool: which makes him instant cool

3. ....Waits patiently for some dim-wit to point out that Scottie Pippen is from Arkansas...

SCOTTIE PIPPEN SUCKS

anyways, I support your claim I guess.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

With all due respect to Sidney Moncrief, Artis Gilmore is in the front of the line for eligible players that should be in the Hall of Fame.

Oh, and Corin Nemec is the coolest person from Arkansas.

Syncronize Swatches!

4. SamFisher

This is not the Artis Gilmore HOF thread, it is the Moncrief HOF thread - anyway there is no reason why they both should not make it.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

He ALMOST made players like Randy Bruer and Paul Mokeski look like serviceable 7 foot stiffs.

Hes an HOFer in my book. ;)

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Moncrief is selfish and admits himself that he's not a point guard. Why would you want Moncrief in the Hall of Fame when you've already got scorers like Wilt Chamberlain, Elvin Hayes and Larry Bird in place there? That's why Rafer Alston is the ideal fit for the Hall of Fame.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

You still can't deny the greatness of Corin Nemec, though...

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

haha @ Don Nelson pre-obesity.

9. SamFisher

I know. :( Speaking of that I was doing some research for my Moncrief HOFcampaign and I came across this piece from the archives.

#9 SamFisher, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I emailed Lopez and said he sucks. I hope it goes back in time and tells him.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fisher,
    A homage to a Bucks legend! Right on! They don't know about the heroes Fisher, they only care about players who think they are too good for the NBA and its rules. The Old School, they don't know.

They don't know the real Megatron
    They don't know Jam on it by Nucleus
    They don't know Good Times and JJ
    They don't know the NBA without 3 pointers
    They surely don't know Sydney!

Teach on Teacher.. TAKE THEM HATERS TO SCHOOL!

[​IMG]
    https://www.nbrpa.com/news/editorial/8_17_06_P1.aspx

Q: “Earlier you mentioned that one of the players you admired growing up was Sidney Moncrief.”

Elie: “My prototype players were Moncrief and Magic because they did everything -- they rebounded, they assisted, they guarded, they scored. That was the type of player that I liked, even though I think that Michael Jordan is a great talent. Those two guys excelled in all facets of the game and they were who I really wanted to pattern my game after. When you play in this league, sometimes you are not going to be a scorer, so you have to do the other things -- rebound, defend, pass, be unselfish. I tried to pattern my game after those two guys.”

Q: “People don’t know about Moncrief anymore because he had the injuries, didn’t win a championship and played in a small market. All those things conspire against him in terms of being well known to people today but he was a great, great player.”

Elie: “Yeah. I was a big NBA fan and I really enjoyed watching Sidney Moncrief and also Paul Pressey, a guy who could guard bigger guys and handle the ball at 6-6, 6-7, making great decisions. Moncrief was just hard. I was a big defensive guy and Moncrief would play both ends of the court. I really wanted to be a complete player.”

#11 tinman, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007