1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craig Ackerman doing radio play by play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blatz, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

This probably should have gone in the game thread but I wanted to make sure Mattj saw this.

I don't know why Gene is not there and I hope he comes back soon but Mattj is kicking a** !! I loving it, he is bringing a lot of excitement that I haven't heard in a while. I didn't even know I was missing it until tonight. I know that seems like a jab at Gene but I don't mean that way, and I do hope comes back soon. Can anyone tell me why he is not there?

Mattj,

Keep up the great work, you are doing awesome.

Edit: Sorry Mattj, I thought it was you but you do good work too so keep that up. :)

#1 Blatz, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

That's not Matt J. It's Craig Ackerman. They said Gene is sick and went home for the rest of the road trip. Matt will be doing the halftime show in place of Craig. Ackerman is the voice of the Comets so he has the experience to call games.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, MattJ is doing Craig Ackerman's job in studio.

4. Blatz

are you sure? it sounds like him

if it's not I feel dumb :eek:

EDit: :eek: CRAP :eek:

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Feel dumb. It's Ackerman. :)

(This thread has potential.)

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like it when jeremyf does the Texans game.

7. Blatz

Go Ackerman!! :D

8. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Ackerman sounds great - very talented!

9. Dave2000

actually i believe he does Comets games, so he is not any rookie play by play announcer.

10. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

This guy is working really hard. He's gonna run outta gas before the road trip is up.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You guys think he should be next in line to do Rockets game when GP retires?

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm listening it to the radio instead of watching Bill and Bull or whoever is doing the ESPN game.

Dude made Comets game exciting. And this game versus the Warriors is pretty exciting. But I bet he could make a 90's Mike Fratello cavs game seem exciting.

13. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Say guys, who's C. Ackerman, is he from Houston?

14. Blatz

I think so. I'm officially a fan of his. I thought he did an outstanding job. I've listen to Comets games before but I don't remember him being this good. Maybe the action was different or maybe I just didn't pay attention to Comets games like I do to the Rockets.

15. Dave2000

he was pretty good for the Comets, he usually gave each player nicknames and remembered he called Tammy Jackson "the Ultimate Warrrior" or something. Gave Janeth Arcain some Brazilian name, and a few others. He is talented and should be next in line after Geno, but nobody will ever be like Geno. Plus Ackerman has ALOT of dead air in his play by play, but still entertaining.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ackerman = Kevin Harlan "lite"

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Now if they could just find a replacement for Jim "All I Can Talk About Is Stats" Foley. I'd rather hear someone who offers more insight to the game and not just a numbers man.

18. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Hagedorn gave the Comets the nicknames....and if there's one thing I'd have to disagree with would be dead air. He may be allowing Foley to talk some but Ackerman's play-by-play is a perpetual picture - that's exactlyu what you need when 'listening' to the game. He's real good at this from what I'm hearing....

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i thought i was the only one who thought that. it's like Foley can't talk until they hand him the stat sheet.

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Probably one of the funnier things I've ever heard was listening to Craig Ackerman call the play where Moochie Norris drove down the lane and made the hoop just now. Absolutely hilarious. This guy is great. Geno better hurry back or he may not have a job anymore.