1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Loved these unis. I have a white Bagwell jersey with this scheme.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

:confused: We were the only team with that color scheme until Arizona copied us.

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bump...

link

4. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

NICE! cannot wait to see these…

i hope they look good and they didn't try to hard.. sometimes simplicity is the best..

5. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Can't wait too!

6. Red&BlackPudman

I hope we go more old than new

7. Hightop

Hightop Member

Only shooting star unis would make me really happy. But I have a feeling I will like the new ones a lot more compared to the crap we have now.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

With a little better colors....something like the 90's shooting stars would be awesome.

9. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again: the shooting star jerseys look nice every once in a while as throwbacks, but they have no business being the every day jersey of a team playing in a decade that's not the sixties.

If they really want to go throwback, we should have the white jerseys with the rainbow stripe down the sleeves and the blue alternate.

10. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I just hope they don't try to keep the same colors just to try and mesh with the current theme at Minute Maid....

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's no real colors in MMP that match their current scheme.

Seats are green, fence is mostly green, the brick isn't the "red brick" that they have as their color now, the outside is more built to match Union Station than the Astros colors.

The only thing they have is the Astros logo/sign that used to be above the old video tower in dead center field... that will need to be changed.

12. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yes, but the overall "brick" coloring is what I am referring to. It's by far the most prominent theme in the building.

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

*color

I should have summed it up as saying, "I hate the ****ing brick color." I don't think sports teams should be playing in earth tones, personally.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That was to match Union Station's brick... nonetheless, its a pretty generic color that shouldn't clash much with whatever color the Astros choose.

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Yeah, you really have to go back to pre-1975 to find a decent Astros uniform. The rainbows were awful, and that '70s/'80s style pull-over jersey they retained until something like 1994 isn't anything you'd ever want to go back to (and they were surprisingly boring for something with rainbows on the shoulders).

You wouldn't want to just throw on any of the pre-'75 jerseys and call it a day, but with a little updating, those looks could work quite well. Even in orange.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's the color theme in virtually every ballpark in the country, frankly...the color of the brick chosen there...but it doesn't dictate the colors of the team.

i'm ridiculously pumped about the astros going back to their old dark blue and orange. can't wait.

17. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastro...os-new-uniforms-will-be-nod-to-colorful-past/

So no, you're wrong, it did dictate the colors chosen when we moved ballparks. And no, you're wrong again, because most parks built from 1999 haven't utilized brick to the same degree as old parks and then sprayed dark brick red accents throughout the stadium.

Is it ****ing possible for me to just not want a brick color in the uniforms or am I going to have to keep going back and forth with two people over semantics about how and why it is there?

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, I'm not arguing with you about why the Astros chose those colors relative to the brick. I think they even labelled that color red as brick red or something like that. I remember specifically them referencing the brick in the then new Enron Field when they released the new colors/logo for the team at that time.

I was just saying that there are lots of parks around the country with colorful brick, and it doesn't dictate the colors of their teams...so it SHOULDN'T in the instance of the Astros either.

I don't want a brick color in there either...I'm right there with you. I'm not arguing with you at all.

19. Hightop

Hightop Member

Their uniforms should be grey to match the cement.

20. Hightop

Hightop Member

I haven't said this before but you are wrong.

Those unis rule and are classics like the yankess, cubs, red sox etc. This is timeless baseball, not contemporary high-school fashion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]