1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

ESPN Trade Grades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fostate, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Fostate

Fostate Member

1 person likes this.
  2. jlwee

jlwee Member

Lakers clearly is the winner for this season trade deadline.

They basically gave up nothing yet improve their weakest position.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Didn't they give up two draft picks to do it? Granted they were late first rounders so not a TON of value, but when your team is as thin outside of its "big three" I would try to hold onto draft picks.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

didn't we do the same?

1 person likes this.
  5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I agree with ESPN for once.

Tip: next time put the part about the Rockets first

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

Is pretty obvious Lakers' goal is to win it all this season and next while Kobe still can walk. Draft picks in this case are quite worthless.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The Lakers basically gave up nothing.

The Clippers literally gave up nothing to improve their weakest position.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Yes, we basically traded our trash to upgrade the C position and that will possible get us into the playoffs and eliminate in the 1st round again. And as usual we also stockpile some assets(draft picks) and cap space to sign a superstar................................ but there is none!!!!

Whereas the Lakers increase their chances to win it all. That makes a lot different.

Conclusion: we will remain as pretender than contender! :(

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So we are the Fakers and they are the Lakers?

10. dragician

dragician Member

S Jackson is a big improvement to spurs lineup. They ll make it to the Finals this year if no injury happens.

11. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

Ramon Sessions is really THAT much better than D-Fish lol? That itself gives the Lakers an A- haha

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

One extra note about the Lakers-Cavs trade.

The trade allows the Cavs to swap their Miami's 1st round pick next year for Lakers 1st rounder next year. Given the Lakers age, it's possible that pick goes from ~30 range to ~20 range if not higher. That's can be a pretty significant increase in value.

The Lakers have basically traded any hope of adding depth the next two years for Sessions. Fisher and Walton were both dealt to save money. So it was 2.5 1st rounder for Sessions from simply the basketball standpoint. The Lakers "won" mostly because Buss is going to be paying a lot less luxury tax, not because of anything on the court.

13. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Shedding Walton and Fisher's contract was something the Clippers nor any other team was able to do so I give the trophy to the Lakers.

They just saved $20 million in 2012-2013 luxury tax cash and got Sessions and Jordan Hill for players that weren't going to get more than 5 mpg in the playoffs.

Bravo, LA. Bravo.

14. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

That is some of the worst and superficial analysis of our team that I've ever read. I hope he is doing this article freelance because that is a terrible argument. He never even mentioned the 1st round pick and he talks about Derek Fisher as NBA teams need a stable of 3 PGs to win games.

WHO IS THIS GUY?!

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I agree. That was terrible. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Then again, it is bleacher report.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bleacher Report, 'nuff said

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not so sure.

Some teams will be looking at some major cap issues under the new CBA. I'm not saying Bosh will be available, but keeping three max/near-max players is going to hurt.

I'm sure there are other instances of players on financially-strapped teams and whatnot. Pau Gasol, maybe, although the longer the Lakers wait to trade him, the less they'll get in return, and the less interest he'll generate.

Anyway. (shrug)

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

and this

"After losing point guard T.J. Ford to retirement just a few days ago, it was clear that the Pacers would go after an inexpensive point guard before the 2012 trade deadline."

TJ Ford has been on the Spurs all season long. He was traded from the Pacers for George Hill......BleacherReport is so terrible, this guy is a "Featured Columnist" too.

and he gave the Spurs a D and didn't even delve into why the Spurs really made that trade (his contract is shorter compared to Jeffersons).

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Lolll. Good stuff there.