1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

This surreal drama is like Sucker Punch I just watched on HBO and I was like WTF is this shat.

Royce White is in an insane asylum, but he imagines that he is in a basketball brothel instead and there's the psychopath pimp Morey and Madame Sampson. They want to exploit Royce and make him play some basketball. He can't and doesn't want to, but they threaten him with a fate worse than death. Royce then imagines that he enters an ancient Lin temple where his old enabler doctor tells him that he needs five things to escape the hell that is Houston. He fights some giant samurais, defeats them, and wakes up to find that he has just had a quadruple double. Back in the basketball brothel, he convinces some fellow #anxietytroopers to go along with him. Once again he is made to play some basketball for Les. This time he imagines that he is in the trenches fighting steamwork Nazis. After destroying a bunch of Nazis and securing the map, he wakes up to find that he's had another quadruple double. He and his #anxietytroopers celebrate, but he is made to play basketball for the coaches. This time he imagines he is fighting through an army of orcs, finding baby Morey in the lair, he slids Morey's throat and obtain the magic crystals, but a giant Les awakes and chases him. He kils Les, too, and wakes to find that he's had another quadruple double. Finally, he is made to suffer the ultimate indignity and play basketball for the entertainment of the creepy Houston fans. Hero Royce imagines that he is fighting robots to steal a super weapon from a train. He kills a bunch of robots, and the bomb explodes destroying the entire corrupt Sodom-Houston metropolitan area. Royce wakes to find that he's had another quadruple double. Royce then decides to sacrifice himself so that one of his #anxietytrooper buddies can have her day in the sun.

The fantasy ends and Royce is in an insane asylum and has just had a lobotomy. He has imagined all of it, the samurais, the steam Nazis, the orcs, the robots, and the basketball brothel and the quadruple doubles he imagined he performed while imagining that he was imagining.

#imaginer

1 person likes this.
  2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

By the way, does anyone know how many reputation points it takes to not be "____ is Royce White -- showing a lot of promise". Because I really would like not be Royce White, nor do I think he shows a lot of promise.

1 person likes this.
  3. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Probably should have been drafted by an east coast team. That way a large portion of your road games are actually within reasonable driving distance.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Basically what you're saying is that he should have been drafted by a college team rather than an NBA team.

That appears to be correct.

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So anything new happening with Royce? Has he even show up to practice yet?

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea he should but no one other than Houston wants to deal with a headache.

7. senter

senter Member

hahah probably 100. Go to the hangout and post funny/insightful things there and get your rep up, which will happen before Royce White decides he wants to cooperate and show that promise

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There are teams out there that are far more stable than we are. We have a lot of player turnover. This is as to be expected when you lack a cohesive unit. I understand Morey is fiddling with things and putting it together but you can't honestly believe we hold on to players longer than other teams. (I'm not making a judgement call, I'm just saying that is the way we are)

Ironically if he would just accept his damn d-league assignment and go there to work on his skills it would bring him the predictability he needs to work on his issues. Plus, playing well has got to be good for him and his anxiety. He would be a man amongst scrubs...

I can't help but wonder, the way he attacks followers on Twitter, how could he survive an NBA game? Game 7 of WC Finals, a guy holds up a sign that says "Royce White is crazy if he thinks the Rockets are going to win", what does Royce do? Hopefully the signs are considerably wittier than what I've stated, but you catch my drift. Does he actually go up to the stands Ron Artest style and say "Dude, show shome #respect, stop being #ignorant, #anxietytroopers let's #educate this guy"? Come on. Part of being in the public eye is acting professionally and ignoring idiots, but listening to people that really want to help you. He's doing the opposite...

9. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

#narcissistic personality disorder

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Apparently he is now a 16 year old girl who is infatuated with the Beatles... Good for him... #MoneyWellSpent

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More like a 66 year old woman.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I finally did this too. The John Lennon tattoo thing finally did it. I was hoping eventually to hear updates on how many jumpshots he took in the gym after practice. What I got was something far more inane.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Isn't it almost 3 weeks now? 3 weeks of holding out...SMH.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There are very few teams that possess the lack of roster turnover that you think would help him. The norm for ANY team is probably 25% on the low end with 40-50% of the 15 man roster being turned over in a 12 month period probably being the norm.

Look at your example of Minnesota as a patient, low roster churn team. The players in bold weren't there on opening day 2011-2012:

17 Louis Amundson F 6-9 225 December 7, 1982 6 University of Nevada, Las Vegas
    11 Jose Barea G 6-0 175 June 26, 1984 6 Northeastern University
    10 Chase Budinger F 6-7 218 May 22, 1988 3 University of Arizona
    5 Will Conroy G 6-2 195 December 8, 1982 2 University of Washington
    33 Dante Cunningham F 6-8 230 April 22, 1987 3 Villanova University
    5 Josh Howard F-G 6-7 210 April 28, 1980 9 Wake Forest University
    47 Andrei Kirilenko F 6-9 220 February 18, 1981 10
    8 Malcolm Lee G 6-5 200 May 22, 1990 1 University of California, Los Angeles
    42 Kevin Love F 6-10 260 September 7, 1988 4 University of California, Los Angeles
    14 Nikola Pekovic C-F 6-11 243 January 3, 1986 2
    13 Luke Ridnour G 6-2 175 February 13, 1981 9 University of Oregon
    3 Brandon Roy G 6-6 215 July 23, 1984 5 University of Washington
    1 Alexey Shved G 6-6 190 December 16, 1988 R
    34 Greg Stiemsma C 6-11 260 September 26, 1985 1 University of Wisconsin
    7 Derrick Williams F 6-8 241 May 25, 1991 1 University of Arizona

That's 9 out of 15 roster spots with brand new players. And that doesn't even count the guys who were added and dropped in the interim.

Royce's "I need playing time to be comfortable" complaint " wouldn't fly in any team on the league. Not even the Bullets. Hell, the most stable-roster teams are probably the veteran ones with lots of guys on exxpensive contracts that can't be broken up and that are probably contending. You think the Royce White special treatment to help my condition approach would be forthcoming from the SPurs? Highly, highly unlikely.

#2915 SamFisher, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  16. alethios

alethios Member

I should have learned by now to stop checking this thread for any good news (about Royce).

I bet the 29 other teams are thankful they aren't playing the guinea pig in this psychotic adventure.

17. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

will he b @ the funerel?...........if not........wow

18. Grigori

Grigori Member

The psychedelic adventures of Royce White and Doctor Enabler.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I finally figured it out:

Les brought in Lin to appeal to the Asian market
    He brought in Asik to appeal to the Middle Eastern market
    He brought in Harden to appeal to the facial hair market
    He brought in Royce to appeal to the psycho market

I think Les is trying to capture the potential Islamic extremist market.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well at least Royce sounds like an everyday Twitter user, now. Instead of some old crazed reverend.