1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Why is Jordan Hill starting??? Dalembert!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Jan 5, 2012.

1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Hill looks terrible offensively and defensively. I do not see why he starts. He has no offensive game. He has an average defensive game. I say put him as backup.

Dalembert is making 7mil. Why isnt he starting? We paying him big bucks to come off the bench. Wow. He has a great defensive game and amazing rebounding skills. A better offensive game than Hill too. With Dalembert starting I see a him averaging 8pts and 12 rebounds with 2 blocks a game.

Start Dalember please!

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Second game in a row with zero blocks by the entire team. I thought we were going to have some rim protection this year?

3. Burko

Burko Member

Dalembert needs to learn the Offensive sets

4. Dei

Dei Member

Most probable reason. Hill seems to be McHale's favorite, too. He's worked intensely with him and has had flashes. I guess McHale has some of that teaching conceit.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Matt Bullard answered your question during the game, he said dalembert is about 40-50% fit and management will not start him until he is 75-80...which he will get there by playing games since there isn't much time to practice anymore

6. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Watching hill play is like watching Ryan Bowen play. He looks terrible out there on the court. I dont see him as backup material either. Thabeet seems better than him.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Honestly, who gives a damn...this team is pretty much unwatchable due to their defense. And forget starting...why the well wasn't he at least playing in garbage time last night over Adrien? Would have been a good opportunity to at least work on his conditioning.

It's very possible Dalembert won't have the effect on defense we're hoping for, but him contributing is really the only chance the Rockets have of being respectable this year. Please pick up the pace on getting him up to speed!

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Because according to Bullard, Dally is out of shape.

And according to Scott Steiner -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dZqo4OZ0Pqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. opticon

opticon Member

Dally does not look as lean as he did in his Philly days. Which where not that long ago. I won't be surprised if he is not in NBA shape till March.

10. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

If he starts, he'll start to suck.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We need to play Hill at PF, it's always been that way. These Centers are way too big for him.

I bet when we trade him away the next team will play him at PF and he'll have a solid year.

1 person likes this.
  12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Ryan Bowen had his moments when he at least played solid D. Hill has one good game, then completely falls off and only gets 3 points and 4 rebounds in 30 minutes 5 games later. Hill is too inconsistent, and now he is consistently being bad at the center position.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

agreed, I don't understand why they don't use him more at the PF position. He still seems out of place playing the C position but he's slightly improving on the defensive end. I wish he were better at boxing out and attempting to block shots. Also wish Hasheem could get it together mentally and actually motivate himself to play.. nice pipe dreams..

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time to scout out the next Hasheem. an improved version.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It turns out that both Hill and Dalembert are pretty bad.

Hasheem may get his shot soon.

DD

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not as long as Patterson is alive.

17. Miracles Boys33

call me drunk but I'll take 2pat over hill and thabeet

18. Rockets_Texans

You wanna know why Jordan Hill starts instead of Samuel Dalembert? Becuase Kevin McFail is the coach!

19. Rockets_Texans

You aren't drunk. Patrick Patterson is actually really good. He just needs a little bit more time, but Thabeet and J. Hill are garbage.

20. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

We shouldn't have signed this scrub. Cookies, get off clutchfans and go do your homework.