1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I have league pass will the game be blacked out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _Astew_, Oct 31, 2012.

1. _Astew_

_Astew_ Member

I have NBA league pass online and was wondering if it will be blacked out. I'm in Huntsville. Last year I got every local Rockets game, but now with this TV fiasco I don't know what the rules are.

2. Beard

Beard Member

Did you get rockets games on FSN last year on TV? Normally if you have the local channel that shows the games in your area it will be blacked out, so if you get CSN Houston (or if its in your area), it should be blacked out. But if you got rockets games last year and it wasnt, then...idk

3. _Astew_

_Astew_ Member

Well like I said, I'm in Huntsville with Suddenlink cable provider. Last year we got all of the games on FSN, but this year the CSN network isn't available around here.

4. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

People as far as Lubbock are being blacked out with League Pass so Huntsville is quite a bit closer.

5. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I live in Waco and it showed all the Rockets games except any games with spurs for some reason.

6. _Astew_

_Astew_ Member

Well that is a shame. Thank you for the info!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mr. Tad Brown(Rockets president) was asked about this this morning.

I'm guessing you'll be blacked out, just about like everyone else. But at least you can keep on calling your cable provider. :rolleyes:

8. Beard

Beard Member

my question is how were you not blacked out last year?

9. _Astew_

_Astew_ Member

I didn't need to use NBA league pass seeing as every game was on FSN.

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

To me, black out rules are insane. The population of Houston is what? And the arena can hold how many? Just insane. Ditto for all NBA black out rules. I think there will always be enough people who like to attend games and party as opposed to sitting at home to watch.

In the Bryan-College Station area I've gotten all Fox Sports Houston games as a channel included in my subscription to DirecTV the past few years. If they come to some agreement and the "new" channel isn't included anymore... if I have to pay for the regional sports package or League Pass, I'll be ticked off. It will be a downgrade in the product I'm buying.

11. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

i posted this in other thread but u can just download an ip blocker and then that should allow u to use the league pass broadband. i live in college station and just downloaded one and my rocket game went from just an audio option to now showing i have the option to watch so this should work