1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most hated Rocket player ever.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Mar 21, 2013.

?

Most hated Rocket IYO

1. Royce White

33.2%
  2. Scottie Quitten

48.4%
  3. Kenny Thomas

0.2%
  4. T-Mac

7.1%
  5. Stevie Franchise

1.1%
  6. Kelvin Cato

2.1%
  7. Terrence Williams

2.1%
  8. Other

5.8%
  1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Olajuwon.

Most hated by opposing teams
    and and their respective fans.

1 person likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Quitten cost us when we had a chance to still be great and we invested heavily in him. White is a sideshow we weren't really counting on in a season that doesn't much matter anyway. And, I don't see how anyone can vote for EG over even White. The hopes for EG were higher, but at least he suffered from a genuinely debilitating mental illness, severe depression. I don't want to make too light of White's problems, but half of his offenses come more from his attitude about his illness than from the illness itself. I don't think I can hate a guy for suffering severe depression.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I don't get why Royce is garnering so many votes. He's no where near Pippen level of hate.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Quitten. It's not even close

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the people who vote for White aren't old enough to remember Scottie Pippen's tenure with the Rockets.

6. Will889

Will889 Member

Clarence Weatherspoon.

7. yunac010

yunac010 Member

No one I really hate, but my dad absolutely despises Pippen.

8. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

When I think of Rocket players I hate, it has to players that did not play hard and or disrepected the coach or players on the team. Ryan Bowen should not be on that list. While he just was not very good, he did play his best. Think more like Maurice Taylor one of the worst signings in Houston Rocket history. Stromile Swift did not play very hard for Houston either. He preferred to dunk on Yao Ming than rebound as a power forward with him. I am not sure yet but Marcus Morris if he plays well like he did in the game Houston lost to Phoenix he may soon be on this list.

BTW if Houston is dumb enough to offer Andrew Bynum a long-term contract he will definitely be on this list maybe even over Scottie Quitten. I would not be overly estatic about getting Howard either but at least when healthy he plays hard for his team not his next contract.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Royce White is MAJOR scum. Not only is he a bad Rocket, he's just a douche person..

-Says he's okay to fly in pre-draft interviews so he'll get drafted
    -Missed 1st day of training camp without letting team know
    -Publicly called out team after team allowed him to bend the rules
    -Made it seem like team wouldn't play him because of his anxiety
    -Is a bad role model for people with anxiety
    -Got girl pregnant and told her to get abortion and said it was her fault
    -Has 2 kids, 2 on the way and doesn't support any of them
    -Says team assigned him to D-League because of his condition
    -Didn't stay in shape, showing his laziness
    -#BEWELL

And I also REALLY don't like Kevin Martin. Like AT ALL. Even before he was a Rocket I didn't like him, I hate the way he plays basketball.

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Derek Fisher.

11. Asian Sensation

I too hate Pippen and he can suck a big fat d. Yes he underperormed, yes he wasn't what we thought he was, yes he had the audacity to call out his teammates and burn bridges. With that said part of the blame has to go to CD. Who the hell offers a 33 year old swingman who relied heavily upon his quickness and athleticism throughout his career a 5 year/67 Million contract? One could say they were hoping for the same result as when Drexler was traded here but they're completely different situations if you really think about it. 5 years/67M? You serious with that?

The same CD that gave Cato a 6 year/42M and Mo-Tay a 6 year 48M deal and Maloney a 7 year 18M contract? I guess CD sure liked locking up his players with ridiculous contracts so much so that he couldn't give Dream what what he wanted thus forcing us to see him in a Raptors uniform.

12. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Pippen - far & away the most hated - no contest - most expensive limp noodle in rockets history.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas is so random. Scottie is the only player I probably hated while still being a Rocket.

Royce White has never played for the Rockets.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If we sign Bynum to a long-term contract, Morey's going to be the one going on my list.

I can appreciate that argument. I was against the Pippen signing since the beginning. In Dawson's partial defense, the long contracts were part of a larger strategy that I think was aimed at creating team stability and fending off salary inflation. We can see now the strategy was ill-conceived, and sacrificed too much flexibility, but I don't those bad signings were as much due to bad player evaluation as bad long-term strategy.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Have to go with Quitten. Royce is a douche, but I can't find enough care to vote for him.

16. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Ok at least now I know I wasn't the only one who didn't like Kenny Thomas

17. TheresTheDagger

Voted Quitten with White a close 2nd.

No hate for Stromile Swift?

1 person likes this.
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Scottie Quitten easily

but why isn't Stromile Swift on here? He was horrible.

EDIT: TheresTheDagger beat me to the Swift comment.

#98 davidio840, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Haha... If you hate Jeremy, you probably also hate puppies, kittens and baby seals...

Sounds like Pippen is very hate-able.

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i don't remember the days of scottie, i was too young. can anyone post vids or tell me why he gets all the hate?