1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Asik speaks out on alleged trade demand, playing with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Sep 27, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

#1 The Cat, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

No comment. Just do my job and what coaches say!

Yup, he really said a lot!

(Not sure why it was doubted in the first place but there is no doubt he asked for a trade.)

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Was that Ronnie Brewer asking him a question?

Omer is so polite.

4. The Cat

Yup, that was Brewer. Great timing, too, because the question right before it made things a little tense.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

yep he's on his way out

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Farewell Omer...

And loved Brewer right there..."My man..."

7. The Cat

That was the main thing I took out of it. The trade request was definitely real.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Hope everyone who wrote about how its going to work and giving examples of how have fun trying it on NBA 2k14 because that’s as close as the rockets are getting to twin towers. Just kind of sucks because other players will be involved in the trade also who were happy to be in Houston on a potential contending team. Covington will make the team I got Dmo leaving, morey watched him this summer in those games.

9. Raven

Raven Member

I hope Asik has a great season.

So Portland will take the bait and trade us LMA. :grin:

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't care if he asked for a trade or not, I love this guy. He's not going to cause any problems, and he's going to give 100%. If he wants to be traded I don't blame him, he deserves to be a starter in this league.

I'm sure the Rockets would trade him for the right price, but I really want to see what we can do with both Dwight an Omer. We don't necessarily need to play them together all that much, but I love having them both on the team.

3 people like this.
  11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I would be surprised if he didn't ask a trade. just put yourself in his position. he established himself in the last season. he is a legitimate starting center in many teams.

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Wasn't it pretty clear he asked for a trade when it was widely reported and pretty much no one refuted it? Those things usually get shot down pretty quickly by the player or the team if they aren't true.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Man I wish him the best,I remember when we made the trade and everybody was whinning that we are spending way too much money,but he stepped up and played much better than any of us expected.
    I love this guy he looks like he plays with all his heart

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I thought pretty much everyone refuted it hear. Not many wanted to believe Asik did unless it came straight from his mouth.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yep. Doesn't sound too good. You can tell he's not comfortable with the idea of having both, he and Howard on the floor at the same time.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he's comfortable with playing, period.

If there's something he isn't comfortable with, it's sitting on the bench, which he might anticipate, thinking he and Dwight won't be able to co-exist.

Either way, this whole Asik thing -- Asik's no comment re: trade demand, nor McHale's Asik ain't no GM comment is a total non-story to me.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I dont remember any respected poster coming out and saying that the ESPN reports weren't true to a certain extent.

What respected posters DID come out and say is that Asik WOULD NOT be a lockeroom problem, and it didn't necessarily mean that a trade is imminent, and it in no way meant that Morey would trade him just because a public trade request was made.

18. basketballholic

Totally totally agree. I hate the thought of him leaving town and a pompous third star check in here. Love the humility that he displays. Hopefully we just kill it to start the year and we never look back.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It's clear he wants to start and play starters minutes, you've got to respect that. However the dude is a professional and will play with the same intensity as last year, regardless of the circumstances.

I think everyone here should be rooting for the twin towers thing to work. It will be real tough seeing Scola AND Omer grinding for another squad.

One other note, this is his pre-training camp view, lets wait and see if he can be convinced about playing with Dwight, after camp

20. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets can't afford to extend him, so he's not a long term solution. My guess is that Morey ask Asik to be patient and promised him that he would be traded before the deadline.

Let's hope Portland starts the season with a massive losing streak. :grin: