1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets recall Terence Jones from D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman

Rockets have recalled Terrence Jones from RGV where he averaged 22.5 points and 17.5 rebounds in two starts

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Team's press release:

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

love the board work. don't see where he will get minutes with us at the moment, but impressive showing in limited time.

4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I like that HOU uses the Vipers to give the rooks some playing time but damn why dont they keep them there longer than 2 games . I mean send them down on 10 day stints.

5. detso

detso Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Rockets have recalled forward Terrence Jones from Houston’s single-affiliation NBA D-League partner Rio Grande Valley.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/275657267951566848" data-datetime="2012-12-03T17:46:28+00:00">December 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So, are they going to keep sending guys down for two-three games and recall them? Seems rather pointless..

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Too much rookies who are in place between D-League and NBA, trade/wave situation for couple of them I guess. I don't think rockets would sit out this guys or send them to D-League just because they are too good for that league :cool:

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I thought the limit to being sent to the d-league was 3 times per season for each player.

We just finished the first complete month of the NBA, and Machado could only be sent one more time, D-Mo and Jones two more.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

They probably want them to practice and sit in meetings with the team, but want them to play in the D-League. If they're allowed to do so, why not? It probably maximize their development speed this way.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think so. Besides getting some minutes, it sends a powerful message. I see this as a wake up call. A shock to the system. A "better pay more attention, dude!" kind of thing. While I can see the argument "if they're going down there, why not more games" having merit, maybe the organization is viewing it differently this time.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Why? I don't understand keep them down there for at least a week not 2 days

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Trading PPatt?

13. torocan

torocan Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/rockets/2012/12/03/houston-rockets-terrence-jones/1742857/

Interesting...

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's interesting about it? Haven't looked at the D-league schedule. It could be about that, or it might be to have an extra big available for facing Dwight Howard.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Getting. Young. Players. Playing. Time.

Not to pick on you specifically, but I find it rather ridiculous that many of the same people here who complain about the lack of PT for the young players also complain about those same young players being sent down to the D-League and/or the length of those stints.

3 people like this.
  16. sando

sando Member

I want to see some posters!

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is interesting. I wonder what the thought process behind it is like. My guess would be that they send them down for a couple games, let them beast against the D League competition and then bring them back confident and ready to prove they can do the same in the NBA - But the problem with that is they haven't exactly played any of the guys they've brought back from 2 game D League stretches so far.

I can't say say as I understand the rhyme, but surely there is a reason.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

There aren't many Vipers games coming up. Practically a whole week of no games next week.

1 person likes this.
  19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

here comes the bodies required for hack-a-ho..

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Obviously trying to help the Vipers win a D-League title.