1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Keep an eye on Deron Williams, because the Rockets sure will

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Would you trade Kyle Lowry (+ more) for Deron Williams?

1. YES

312 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. NO

338 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love Lowry and I want him to be our point guard. I know this opinion will probably be in the minority.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If we can attract Howard by giving up Lowry and other assets for Deron, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The one concern: Would we end up like the NYK? With absolutely zero depth and overfatigued superstars...doesn't sound like a good recipe for success especially after the Tmac and Yao 'era'.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Keep Lowry.

We don't need to improve a position that is already a strength.

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I was voting no....until i read this

1 person likes this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Deron Williams is a proven Superstar, Of course I would trade Lowry + more for D Will. D Will is one of those guys you can build a championship team around.

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

ONLY if getting williams will bring in Howard. Otherwise, we're giving away other players in order to strengthen and already strong pg position.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not sure I'd even consider comparing the two. I mean, of course you don't just want to give a player away for nothing. But under the assumption, regardless of salary differences, they are at least comparable point guards right now, the real issue is Dwight Howard.

I've heard varying reports about the economic impact to Dwight Howard if he walks this summer. Clutch, or Bima, or anyone else, with the new CBA and sign and trade rules, etc., how much money would Dwight lose if he just walks from Orlando and signs with another team??

Despite the consistent threats, we have still yet to see any player walk from any meaningful amount of money just to get to a different/better team. Will Dwight be the first?

It's hard to imagine the Rockets have the assets to trade for both Dwight and Williams.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I have to say "Yes" even although I like Lowry more as a person.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm on the fence. Probably yes if it's specifically Lowry + Scola + remove lottery protection on pick we owe them. Not sure I'd be on board if it was any more. I love Lowry and want to see him stay a Rocket for a long time but Deron Williams is an elite player and the Dwight factor is intruiging.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This exactly. If we make this trade and don't get Howard, guess what? We're the Nets. Of course, that's what the majority of fans are clamoring for, so what do I know.

12. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

I love Lowry, and despite his torrid season start and the slump Deron Williams is enduring, yes i will, superstars attract superstars, and it could be our only option to land Howard. we would sell lowry high and buying Williams low, it's the perfect timing ... it's a risky move ok, because we could end up with nothing if Williams doesnt re sign, but as much as i love our guys, we're not going to contend with this team, so ...

13. King901

King901 Member

I would only do this deal an hour before the deadline.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If we get a true center or PF , then I would say yes to D-Will... He would take a good team to the next level.... But with these current pieces, I'd stick with Lowry....

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OkBK-gNmhMA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Since Deron will cost you $16.3 million, and Dwight will cost you $19 million, on a salary cap of $58 million, that leaves you less than $23 million for 10 other players. That means besides moving Lowry, one of either KMart or Scola will have to be moved, too.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yet another letdown waiting to happen. So tired of the "almost trades" and then back to reality with "assets" and promises of a better future. Sooner or later Morey has to deliver. Wake me when he does.

18. Asian Sensation

Classic buy low/sell high scenario. I love Lowry just like 99% of this board but Deron Williams is a top 3 PG in the game. Don't let his performance in NJ fool you.

This is a guy that tooled us 2 years in a row in the playoffs and was regarded as the best PG in the league with CP3 before the rise of Derrick Rose. I'm partial to Deron Williams as the best PG in the league still.

For all the complaining we do about the lack of having a superstar and ability to attract other superstar's.... this is a move that MUST be made if it's on the table.

19. wonderboy2313

wonderboy2313 Member

[​IMG]
    does lowry really have to be traded for the nets to accept a trade for d-will? what do you guys think about this trade?

PG: Lowry
    SG: D-Will
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Scola
    C: Sammy D

20. wonderboy2313

wonderboy2313 Member