1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let me start off by saying that we think you're an awesome player and we truly believe that you will continue to grow and succeed with our Rockets.

Not sure if you visit us here on Clutchfans but we would like to know if there is something bothering you. Don't mean to overreact but noticed that you're still groping for form and lacking the explosiveness you had last season.

Is the knee not at 100% still? Although you've been pretty solid facilitating the team, we've also noticed you've struggled finishing at the rim so far and some layups you took seem forced at times.

Anyway, whatever it is, quite sure it's only a matter of time till we get the old Jeremy back. Just remember what made you so lethal last season were the variety of ways you attacked the rim and the way you executed out of the pick and roll almost to perfection. Would love to see those floaters, tear drops, spin moves, and 1 2 dribble pull-ups from last season which made you almost impossible to defend. ;)

Sincerely yours,
    Red Nation

2 people like this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

one star thread

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

brb writing a letter to Santa

3 people like this.
  4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I don't think he's 100% for sure.

5. mirus

mirus Member

Good post.
    Perhaps you could tweet Friedman,Feigen,Morey on this matter?or hope clutch can ask about it ?

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Exactly the reason why i made this thread. :)

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think it's been pretty well documented by McHale and others that his knee is not yet 100%.

8. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

don't rush his rehab, remember how bad he was at pre seasons games?

if he get injured again, Tonney Douglas and Machado will be ours PG starters.

Or we will need trade our rookies for another PG.

9. torocan

torocan Member

You DO know he has a FB AND Twitter page?

You don't have to send your letters into the random ether...

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I think he was still a little tentative. But should be good to go all in now.

“I’m glad I got that first one out of the way. I know what to expect, and how my body’s going to respond.”

11. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i we lost Lamb already ,

and i can't handle, lose White or D-Mo or Jones,

or the 3 together for another PG.

no way

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I noticed that. He has his speed back but his explosiveness isn't there yet. The way he crossed the court in like 3 steps for the Lin harden fast break was insane. It is just his explosiveness he needs back. Also he was splitting double steams but once again the explosiveness wasn't there. It will come

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If its tentativeness, he'd just probably settle for jumpers. He's actually aggressive in attacking the paint but what happened to the variety/assortment of ways he scored close to the basket. Most if not all of em are forced layups or jumping into a defender which results in bail out passes that often lead to fumbles.

Haven't seen his floaters, teardrops, nor the simple 1 or 2 dribble 15 ft pull-up J's out of the P&R where he was so good at.

14. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

so, u want a number?
    85%

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Would you be so kind and do this for us? Let us know if he responds to you in the near future ok? Good luck with that! :)

16. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Give it ten games. He'll come back to form.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Lin was the floor general last night. he outplayed everyone including Harden. Harden had his best moments when Lin was on the floor. truth.

18. awarde2

awarde2 Member

He also said last night that he didn't know how his body was going to repond to his first game. He said he was happy and that he needed to get that first game under his belt. He said that is the best his body has felt in a long time.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

In regards to your last sentence I totally agree. I have been wondering the same thing for a while. I saw practice videos of him practicing his floaters in camp. And in one game in pre-season I saw him his dribble 15ft pull up J. Also he was splitting double teams but something just seemed off with him. I doubt he has lost his moves. I think he is still just feeling his way around the offense & finding his niche. There has been a lot of turnover thus far. Even Parsons I think is still finding his way in terms of making plays now that the trade has happened. It will take the time for chemistry to click between everybody.

20. BreakYoSelfFool

Why would anyone want to hear interview answers when they could just write him a letter directly?