1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] House M.D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketFan007, Apr 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Anyone else watch this? I've recently gotten hooked on it, and IMO it is easily the best show on TV right now. It revolves about a crazy, Vicatin addicted, cane wielding doctor and his team who cure extremely rare diseases. Hugh Laurie (House) is really a great actor and has at least 3 terrific one liners per episode. If you haven't already, catch an episode, Tuesdays at 8 PM on Fox.

#1 RocketFan007, Apr 19, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I also watch it. Seems like there is a clear pattern every episode: the patient always lies. It's still my favorite show on right now.

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

1. Its Tuesdays
    2. Its ****ing brilliant, one of only three shows I can endure on network TV (24 and Arrested Development being the other 2)

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I like House.

mateo, FWIW I think 24 has gotten tired. Nuclear this nuclear that ... ok already. Have you seen Deadwood?

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

How'd I screw that one up? Edited my above post.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I watched a few but it got too repetitive for me. still a good show, but i watch scrubs and "the office" instead.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Scrubs and Office hour is the best. House looks interesting, but the formula gets old really quick. As previously stated, somebody is sick, they lie about it, House knows they lie, etc.

8. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I wasn't home tonight during the show, but I recorded it and just watched it. This episode was the best yet for me. I was actually coming on here to start a thread to see if there were any others that follow the show.

It can be over the top and redundant at times, but I find each story to be pretty good and I like the mystery factors. The sub-story with the rich A-hole director coming on made this episode that much better. I hope the show can hang on.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i was going to say i might check it out eventually but if it comes on during Scrubs then there's no chance. that show is not only my favorite show on tv, but it has moved up my all-time rankings with lightning speed. it may already be #3 behind the tie at 1 between Cheers and The Simpsons.

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Yeah, thats why I said "network TV"

All in all, network TV is crap and HBO rules.

11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Best show of the season hands down.

Hugh Laurie is terrific as the lead character, and this show is brilliantly written. I especially loved last night's episode.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Lots of House fans on this board considering it's usually on during Rocket games...TiVO?

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

House is pretty good. Some of the plot twists leave me a little confused, but overall, it's a pretty good show with great dialogue. Hugh Laurie is the man!

14. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

My husband and I are getting hooked. Great show!

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why is it that the only time I have watched this so-called good show "House", I catch the same episode with the lady who doesn't tell her husband something or she will die in the hospital??? :eek:

16. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

And someone is always hiding something or lying! haha...you're right. Still a good show...for now.

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'm addicted. My spousal unit and I adore it.

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

If you watch lots of SNL the House promos seem kinda like a skit on SNL... "IF I DONT TREAT HIM, HE'LL DIE!!" "IF YOU TREAT HIM, YOU'RE FIRED!!" "BUT HE'S GOT SOME RARE FORM OF HAND WARTS!:mad:, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO??"

Seems like the same show every week, but diffent illness.. Then again what show isnt the same every week??

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

crazy crazy crazy season finale

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What is crazy is you found this four year thread without search.