1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dynamo Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 30, 2011.

1. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I wonder if the Ching/Dynamo/Montreal situation will happen to the Texans someday. For example, the Texans leave Andre Johnson or Arian Foster unprotected. The expansion team from Los Angeles selects Andre or Arian in the expansion draft. Do you think Bob McNair calls L.A.'s bluff?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It was, and he was getting paid pretty well.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

How much does a GA get paid?

5. DrLudicrous

It varies, but they usually make more than other rookies. Most start around 80K and go up to around 200K. I think Cruz was around 120K, if he was hoping to get paid that much on his new contract I can understand why the team wasn't interested.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Losing Danny Cruz is another blow but usually aside from only being able to get a decent forward with Bruin, the franchise is good with restocking talent.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's a huge difference from the Project 40 days. I had a friend that was a P40 player with New England in the early 00's. He got about $20,000/season and had to live in Boston.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yup. Those P40 salaries were beyond low when compared with GA. Yet they were still better than salaries for regular draft picks coming out of college.

9. ferrari77

Apparently the Dynamo's off-season interest Kris Boyd just signed with Portland. Not feeling the Houston heat but the Dynamo get a draft pick out of it.

Great signing for Portland but I'm sure Dom. Kinnear is ticked off. He loves his Scots and I bet he had eyes for Boyd for a long time. (I guess that's true seeing as the Dynamo held his MLS discovery rights).

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Timbers-sign-Scottish-forward-Kris-Boyd-2846289.php

10. ferrari77

http://www.khou.com/news/local/DO-N...le-outside-Washington-Ave-club-138891239.html

I think there was a thread a couple of years ago about racial discrimination by Roosevelt Lounge. Looks like this is another case, despite the way it was worded in the article above.

Word is they wouldn't let in Creavalle, Dixon and Corey Ashe so Deric and Creavalle came to their defence. Bouncers start acting douchebaggy and self-important, the way bouncers do(especially knowing worst comes to worst the police will side w/them) and the scuffle breaks out.

I guess more info will come out soon.

http://blog.chron.com/soccer/2012/02/attorney-sad-that-tyler-deric-has-to-go-through-this/

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

They were trying to get into the bar at 4am. I'm sure in NO WAY were they, or at least a couple of them were lit and acting like douche bags themselves at 4AM. There is a dress code, not sure if that has anything to do with it but whatever.

I go to that bar frequently as a buddy DJ's there, and I've NEVER seen any discrimination whatsoever. It's always a mixed crowd and mostly well behaved. Hell, my buddy is black who does the music. The only time I ever see the douche cops come in is when someone complains about the loudness of the music from one of the apartments behind it.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well you must be in the minority because 70% of my friends say they've been discriminated against; and with stupid excuses like, "Your shirt has too much color", "your I.D. looks fake (a 30 year old man)", "Your shoes aren't dressy enough". That's why I would never go to any **** hole on Washington. It might as well be the Jersey Shore.

13. LonghornFan

Lulz, Jersey Shore. Too funny.

BTW- I'm not trying to be argumentive. I live in the area but do prefer Upper Kirby, West Gray, Uptown or Midtown for my night fun. Driving down Washington on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, or even Sunday afternoon is miserable. So many drunks, so many douche bags, so many idiot drivers. I sometimes wish very evil things on these people, but at least I won't have a hard time selling my house soon!

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

15. LonghornFan

I went to the "protest", and all it was was Quanel X doing his usual, no protest at this time, he just wanted money and more camera time. Gay. The place ain't gonna get shut down.

16. DrLudicrous

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^

Awesome. Let him finish out his career here and be the first to walk out of the tunnel onto the new field. With any luck, he'll score the first goal.

18. DrLudicrous

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

anyone know what this trade would entail? I would prefer to not give up Hainult

20. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

even though ching is considered a houston figure, i would only consider trading for him for people on the bench + 1 jamaican player+ a supplemental draft pick.

anybody in the starting lineup is a no-go....