1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think this is probably the closest I have in mind for combining old and new. You keep the open star concept of the past few decades in the style and font of the 90's logo. You keep the brick red of this current gen with the orange from the 60s-80s. Maybe you add a black outline to the lettering and stars maybe I dunno. But I could really get behind something like this.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^That's not bad, though the colors not so much for me. Don't like the orange and red. Keep the current colors or go back to blue and orange.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I always prefered the jersey with the star through the name to the big star on the side. Use something similar to that with a red/blue scheme. I loved that jersey.

Go back to the H star hat. That is THE Houston Astros hat, we never should have changed it, we used that same hat through 3 different jerseys for the first 30 years.

[​IMG]

I love this as an alternate, but everyday jerseys always should have a full name.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

that is absolutely terrible.

5. JunkyardDwg

[​IMG]

There ya go. Old colors meet newer logo.

But shoot, I don't know why we just keep what we have. Already got a clean, simple, classic look. Why change for change's sake?

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Isn't the above their exact same scheme from the mid 90's? That's when the open star concpet originated, and they tweaked it for the current look.

I like the current look... perhaps they can get an alternate jersey with a more throwback look (like the Brewers do from time to time), but I don't really see the need to change the logo yet again at this point.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

We got a year to work on it, I'm guessing. My guess is that with all the promotions around it being the 50th anniversary next season...where they're wearing retro uniforms every home weekend anyway...there won't be any change.

But as we head into the AL, that seems to me to the time they'll make a change, if they're going to make a change at all.

8. JunkyardDwg

It is except the star was gold instead of orange. Trying to be a little open-minded; I guess I wouldn't be averse to going back to an older look if it was done right. But I really like the brick red (and the open star); we were the only team in the league to have that color, until Arizona copied us.

But yeah if the team want's to start over "fresh" maybe they can do something else like remove the pinstripes, have an alternate like you mentioned or just remove Tal's Hill or something.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm open to dropping the pinstripes and tweaking the script lettering, but I like the colors and like the logo and don't think we should change those.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

This concept was just posted today by whchoclte over at Chris Creamer's:

Logo Concept:
    [​IMG]

Uniform Concept:
    [​IMG]

CLICK FOR LINK

===

Good mix of old and new. Pretty clean.

1 person likes this.
  11. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^
    I like the middle-right one the best. Easily.

I think the entire logo would be better off w/o the "floweresque" white pattern in the background...just simple orange.

12. Cannonball

Looks more like a Retro logo than an "updated/modern" type Retro logo which is what I'd prefer.

I kind of dig the idea of having the shooting star UNDER the Astros script though.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The logo definitely needs the state of Texas shape in it. We need to try to take fans away from the Rangers in other parts of the state

14. JunkyardDwg

Then let's go with this...

[​IMG]

15. HoustonApple95

HoustonApple95 New Member

Why the Astros Should change their uniforms and color

The Astros should stick to their original colors Orange, Blue and White because its original, genuine, and it gives Houston a different look in the MLB. Todays logos look borrowed and used, and I think most people agree with me.

The Astros current jersey scheme today looks decent, but its not the best looking jersey in the MLB. Brick, white, black and sand looks tacky, dry, bland, and unattractive. The current color scheme of the Astros fits the Arizona Diamondbacks better, because a diamondback is a snake and it lives out in the dessert, hence the term dry and bland. For me, I want to see my team wear their original team colors navy blue, white, and orange. The new concept of the logos, and new uniforms with the new color scheme would express how the team would look in the future. The colors orange, navy blue and white represents the colors the astronauts wear. The 80‘s Astros logo across the chest is the best logo the Astros had, and it looks original on a white uniform. If Houston reverted back to their first jersey scheme, i'd still be happy.

The Cap insignia:
    [​IMG]

Home Hat:
    [​IMG]

Away/Alternate Away Hat:
    [​IMG]

Alternate Home Hat:
    [​IMG]

Example of styles that i want the uniforms to be in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Houston+Astros+1965&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=G_yqKJwQJIEIRM:&imgrefurl=http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp%3FAuction_ID%3D42867&docid=nVJQ-5MmPRdimM&imgurl=http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/42867_02_lg.jpg&w=1280&h=1280&ei=dPH9TrLyKoyutwej16nQBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=350&vpy=128&dur=738&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=141&ty=111&sig=108895403068211683886&page=1&tbnh=123&tbnw=123&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&biw=1280&bih=591
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Example of Memorabilia:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is only a short term example of what I'm writing to the Houston Astros Organization.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I'm all for keeping the current logo/uniforms but could get behind a change like this. If we're going to be competing directly w the rangers then that means we're competing directly for fans... Get 'r done morey!

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Jim Crane provided an update, or somewhat of an update, Wednesday night at his Astroline appearance on the Astros’ search for new uniforms for the 2013 season.

It was really nothing that he hasn’t said before beyond the timing, that Major League Baseball’s team is coming next week to explore the possibility of new uniforms.

It has been fairly evident from the beginning that new uniforms and branding were coming even though Crane doused talk of a new nickname.

The change would come in 2013, coinciding with the move to the American League. That’s not only an attempt at synchronicity, but baseball’s rules, that a change for next season must be approved by the start of this season.[/rquoter]

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastro...go/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Zachary Levine @zacharylevine
    [rQUOTEr]The red in Astros uniforms is a Drayton thing. Matched color of McLane Company. Wouldn't be surprised to see that go.[/rQUOTEr]

18. Cannonball

Get rid of the red and go with the blue. Worked for the Rockets.

19. msn

msn Member

↑↑ not sure if serious...

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Borrowed and use??? what are you talking about. Most teams have been around forever and are using their original logos.