1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebu

ebu Member

5 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. Convictedstupid

I was just about to post that in this thread too.

**** just got real.

4. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Things are really getting interesting if his preferred destination is Houston.

In Morey We Trust...

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

so he prefers Houston and his wife prefers NY. I guess we know who needs the convincing.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, ok then....I guess I need to get on board, or get left behind.

DD

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Thank you for this update. I was getting so tired of coming on this thread and reading the pointless debate on Brooks vs billups when this thread has nothing to do with that comparison! !!

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

interesting article but i guess what I was hoping for was more on the contract extension if anything.

sure if he gets traded he may prefer Houston over NY but if he doesnt sign the extension whats to stop him from going to NY?

I mean if he gets traded there now they have nothing there except felton and amare...if he signs there they wont have to give up anything.

of course any news like this that is positive is good...it would be nice to have a potential nba 1st teamer on the team again

1 person likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This thread's bout' to explode

[​IMG]

#9 REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sure that Morey would not trade for him without the extension.

I believe that you can do a S&T in matters like this (Tmac trade), though Bima, Nike, or Gater would know better.

So for now, I am going to assume it is happening.

Who goes?

I think it has to be Battier, Jeffries, Hill, Budinger and a pick.

DD

11. ebu

ebu Member

He doesn't need to sign the extension....if he doesnt' sign it soon, Denver will trade him regardless...the good news for us is that sources said he would be open to a contract with the Rockets

No way will Denver let him walk without trading him if he doesn't sign that extension

12. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

The real question if Carmelo is willing to come to Houston is what would the Nuggets take back. If it is something like Jeffries, Battier, Hill, Budinger and the 2 Knick draft picks, the Rockets would be in serious business this season.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The key is going to be our ability to keep Martin. I'm hoping we can land him for a package of:

Budinger
    Hill
    Jeffries
    Battier
    2011 & NY 2012 1st

From Clutch's article that we would start with Bud, Hill, and the two NY 1st, adding Jeffries and Battier would give us the match in salary. This would leave us with:

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Melo/?
    Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Miller

We have no legitimate backup at the 3 spot in that lineup. I could see Morey then using the TE to locate a backup SF.

14. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

sources are literally reporting that he would prefer us over the team that espn had labeled his number 1 option. i am getting the feeling that this is quiet different than the bosh situation, so let's drop the comparisons. git er done morey

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we need a backup SF, that's a nine man rotation right there... Melo/Martin will play lots of minutes, and so will Brooks, you only need Lee (I guess a little undersized for SF) and we should be good.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I know he doesnt need to sign the extension to be traded but just saying the possibility of if he doesn't sign it that he may just walk to the Knicks after the seasons end.

IIRC with Tracy it was the same situation but the contract extension was signed pretty early in the season for him

So Morey could (but probably wont) trade for him w/out the extensions

Right now I would make the trade w/out an extension with certain players and I would allow more players to be "expendable" if Melo is traded with an extension

i guess considering the amount of player colluding and the lack of loyalty that has gone on the past few summers I would not believe a player's word that they would sign the extension until the ink dried on the paper.

17. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Yeah, I'd hate to lose Bud AND Battier, but if it has to happen, so be it. Like someone already said, that's what the TE is for. So what teams would want that TE that have a SF we'd be interested in?

18. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Honestly don't see them trading for another SF. I think they will go with a 3 man rotation at SG/SF between Martin, Carmelo and Lee. I think they would try to give Lee the opportunity to defend SF while in the game with Martin.

If that is our team, we have an 8 man rotation with the starting 5 being:

Brooks
    Martin
    Anthony
    Scola
    Yao

and the 3 bench guys being:

Lowry
    Lee
    Miller

That's a pretty good team. Not much at all in terms of defense, but a ton of talent.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

That starting 5 can beat you in so many ways offensively.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.