1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson Varejao Possible Trade Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jas...-leaves-cavs-with-difficult-decision-1.354617

Thoughts on who might offer what for him? Was thinking OKC could be a fit but this article says they are not in pursuit (which may or may not be right).

My "random Rockets trade idea" would be something like TJones, Pat and Morris for Varejao and Casspi.

2. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Best rebounding team in the NBA we would become :cool:

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

on paper only, because with varejao, it's only a matter of when he will be injured.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He can't stay healthy. It's a damn shame, but there it is. Keeps getting injured and he's 30. Someone will take a chance on him, but I hope it isn't the Rockets. Been there, done that.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

While he's playing great, he's simply not somebody we should want or need at this point in time.

We are clearly rebuilding and trying to develop our youth. Patterson is having a bit of a coming out party lately, and to trade him away for an aging 30 year old in Varejao when our team isn't close to competitive for a title, it just doesn't make any sense.

Not to mention giving up 2 other quality prospects in Jones and Morris (also one of more reliable bench players) is an even steeper price to pay.

It just isn't something the Rockets should do, nor do I think they will do it.

Having said that, if a team like the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, or any other contender make a move for them, that'd be a great deal. He's a seriously solid player.

6. AFS

AFS Member

Hope it's not us, but I'd like to see the Cavs pick up some youth/draft picks for him.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

do not want. we need to let our players grow. unless its a huge trade we shouldnt mess with the roster.

8. VBG

VBG Member

I would give up Patterson and one of Jones/D-Mo/Marcus Morris for Andy

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Varejao is on a tear. He is so far from his career averages right now he has got to come back to earth. Never buy High.

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Haters Gon' Hate!!!!! j/k:grin:

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Dan Gilbert will never trade with a big market team like the Fakers....I always wanted sideshow bob here

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yeah and the Cavs would take a few minutes to stop laughing and then hang up on you.

13. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, so basically I wouldn't do the trade unless it was a robbery. And weirder trades have happened in NBA history

14. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

yoda? is that you?

15. SK34

SK34 Member

LOL!!

16. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I'd rather have either a stretch 4 to help with spacing or a legit offensive post player that can hit the 17footer. We already have Omer who can board, get garbage buckets, and play great D. Varejao would be too much of the same thing down low.

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

We should have taken zeller with the #16.

18. jvu

jvu Member

Marcus Morris for varejao. Deal.

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

They would be silly to trade him at point, especially with the shortage of quality bigs.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

It might work out if you kind of stagger their minutes so they only play about 15 minutes a game together. Neither of them are 35mpg type guys, Cleveland is crazy to be playing Varejao as much as they are, just asking for another injury.