1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Completely pointless waste of a season for the third year in a row!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Enough with this that Morey is genius!!! You can't be a genius when the team you put together is average. Why don't rockets have a superstar right now? A genius would've had that covered. Why are the rockets not competeing for championship? If you're a genius, that's covered. A genius don't remain average for 6 years.

2. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

something must be wrong.

Talks:
    "no tanking ever"
    "try the best to win"
    "always trying to improve the team"
    "Morey is a genius"

results:
    #14 pick in 3 years.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

2001-2002 we won 28 games, and it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than this one. Francis missed a bunch of games with migraines. But, we had hope looking at a long future of Francis, Mobley, Eddie Griffin (okay, he was fool's gold, but we didn't know it at the time), and an impending high draft pick (that turned out to be Yao). Even the mediocre Francis years where we won 40+ games and missed the playoffs were still satisfying because we had young, high-potential guys gaining experience. I can guarantee that if we had Irving on our roster, I'd be more upbeat -- even with half the wins.

1 person likes this.
  4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i feel better about cleveland than i do us. someone can get a call on that team. apparently flinging your head back and jumping into people doesnt work for non-stars anymore.

Kevin,
    You're what the french call "les incompetents."

5. inishi

inishi Member

this is really easy to say, but I would love to see the evidence backing this up.

6. inishi

inishi Member

Oh come the **** on dude, did you really just bash an "over the hill " 7 foot PF that averaged 17.4 10.4 3.7 along with 1.4 blocks a game on 50% shooting. And that's playing next to Andrew Bynum and Kobe Bryant. Point out the downside, pls.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Max has it correct. We have been a model for mediocrity, stuck in mud just like an automobile in a rainy day in the Alabama's backwoods.

We want results, no more excuses about this and that. This once proud franchise is now being treated like the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA --> we get no respect, not from the media, not from the refs, not from Stern, etc.., except for the likes of JVG.

Rockets fans, reflect on where we have been for more than a generation while you watch other teams play this weekend. It sucks!

8. acjeitherocket

that should be our permanent slogan

9. jocar

jocar Member

it's the black Chris Griffin

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Those of you who would rather our roster than the Bobcats or Raptors are completely delusional. Those teams have at least some young talent with real potential to be stars and also top picks. We have nothing but overhyped role players. Every year on this board someone has a little bit of success and people jump to overrate our mediocre players. Brooks, Bud, PPat, Lowry, and now Parsons and Dragic. If the best hope for your franchise and the brightest part of your season was half a year of Lowry playing well, half a year of Dragic playing well and a decent year from a second round pick then your franchise is in serious trouble.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with you - IF THAT PIECE IS A PRIME HAKEEM OLAJUWON! Otherwise, we're not watching the same team. Also, Dragic and Parsons will never be stars. Book it.

THIS X 1,000,000!

#71 Williamson, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

A. I can name you several. Oakland, Portland, Sacto (the latter two made it out of the 1st round once or twice, but not much more, and have had to deal with even more hopeless seasons)

B. Again, more importantly, WTF does that have to do with anything I'm saying? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY KEYBOARD???

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

^^^
    For the record, the list of teams doesn't end there, either. But yeah, it's pretty clear that you're insecure about the fact that you're a terrible fan surrounded by terrible fans.

14. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Team did not reach the intended goal of making the playoffs, but can't say I didn't enjoy the season, at least until this last losing streak where it appeared they didn't give it their all. The upsets, development of Parsons & Dragic, renewed hope for the playoffs after Kyle went down, Camby's arrival, alot of good stuff, and an interesting offseason to look forward to.

Gotta enjoy the journey, as I know many of the fans on this forum did. Negativity really doesn't get you anywhere but down in the dumps, trying to bring others along with you because misery loves company. Have fun downers, pouting and whining until November :)

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

What a stupid statement. He's unhappy with the way the franchise has done nothing the last 3 years. Wow what a bad fan. :rolleyes:
    It's funny how the people who are happy being .500 and think it's a great step call themselves "real fans" I've seen it multiple times already.

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Woohoo! Three straight seasons of stagnation!!!!

17. Rockets_Texans

i blame Morey and Kevin McFail

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

fuck patrick patterson turned into a worthless bum since the injury, and im tired of depending on low 1st round draft picks, and low risk trades to carry this team. morey hasn't delivered us an all star since we traded for artest in his prime. i haven't complertely given up on morey entirely, but i'm just about almost knocking on that door. it's all stars that willing to play on this team, it's just that morey is too busy trying to get something for nothing, and GMs ain't falling for the bs anymore.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Bobcats do not have a better roster than us. Who on that team has real potential to be a star? The Raptors roster is debatable because they have Valančiūnas coming over but outside of him they really don't have any players with star potential. However, I do agree that their high picks are something I wish we had but I'm not sure if that is enough to take on their crappy rosters unless one of them ends up with the number one pick and Davis.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Thank god league pass was free.