1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

This is so typical of a White.

T-Will 2.0, but I was pro-squid. I'm anti-White.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

suspend him without pay

3. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

My friends said he was eating at their sushi restaurant and ordered just 10 minutes before the game; he watched the game there on their tv...

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets must be thrilled to have Royce White absence steal attention from last night's exciting game vs. champs, today's All Star to do.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/268445395116511232" data-datetime="2012-11-13T20:09:04+00:00">November 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Looks like the medical center

6. alethios

alethios Member

Being in a relationship with someone who is notoriously flaky is really frustrating, because that same person has so many talents that are going untapped due to the fact that these personal (psychological) issues are holding them back.

People in this level of psychosis want to be recognized, but when the time comes, they feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of what's expected and they choose to avoid having to perform. They choose to hide themselves and get down on themselves for letting themselves down and everyone around them.

People like Royce and my wife's situation make it hard because they don't want anyone's disapproval or to be held back by anyone, but they do a good job of it themselves. In my case, it took some time and therapy for her to start to come out of her shell, so the same may be true for Royce. But if that's the case, he needs to spend some time away and get his head right.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's what i thought...the lettering on the building looks familiar, but can't make it out. University of Texas ....i think. Maybe he had a medical issue?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If he really wants to prove a point, or be the philanthropist he holds himself up to being, he should donate his salary to charity or just refuse to accept the paychecks. Because he can't feel like he's actually "owed" the money he's making this year and next.

Look, I've backed the guy since day 1 but when you dont show up for games unnanounced, and practice upon hearing news that you are being sent to the D-League.... Im calling a spade a spade.

That lifestyle has to be incredibly taxing mentally, and someone with his mental issues... sorry, its going to be extremely difficult for him to live this lifestyle, and more importantly have a TEAM FIRST mentality when the past decade of life have been spent on self mental health improvement. Oh, and Im not saying he shouldn't be doing so.

The thing Im wondering now is what can the Rockets do to void his contract at the end of the year if they cannot come to an agreement with Royce and his agent on a suitable arrangement. I know they can fine him heavily ALREADY for just missing the game and practice unnanounced, but there has to be regulations on NBA contracts that will allow the Rockets to not only void his contract, and cut ties, but also get back a 2nd round pick in return.(I know I've heard of some pro sports leagues doing something like this.)

9. JPhil93

JPhil93 Member

This really is tough. As someone that wants Royce to succeed not only for the Rockets purpose but also for his own philanthropy, seeing news like this is disheartening. This guy has mad talent, obviously enough for us to take him at 16. I hope he can figure out his problems and contribute. I think all he needs is a chance but with stuff like this it makes you wonder..

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sigh. I hope he is OK. I don't think Royce would just Skip practice for no reason. I am still a big fan of his.

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commodore again.

12. Gertso

Gertso Member

I just picked him up for my fantasy team.

13. Raven

Raven Member

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Nothing to see here folks. Lets focus on the players who are putting a strong effort in and almost beat the reigning champs last night.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Asik is quickly becoming the new Scola on the team, the lunch-pale guy. Hustles like him too.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's the Methodist Hospital, where the picture was taken from...

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Im still a fan and I still see him succeeding.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

psych ward?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Zeller, Nicholson, Sullinger, Melo, Jenkins, Wroten, Plumlee, PJIII, Moultrie, Teague, Ezeli, Jeff Taylor...awwwww. :(

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a feeling before too long, we're going to be hearing about White taking a leave of absence for an undetermined amount of time. He needs to get his health and attitude in check before trying to embark on something as grueling as an NBA career. The moment is obviously too big for him right now, so he needs to handle his personal situation before it leads to burned bridges. Anxiety is a bear to deal with on its own, but when you intertwine personality issues as well, it almost becomes too much. Humility is the first step in getting help for anxiety, and he needs to get some.