1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sean Mitchell: Yes, Houston -- it's OK to be happy for Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1676/houston-rockets-fans-can-be-happy-for-dallas/

This is Sean Mitchell's first blog post on ClutchFans. Sean is a longtime Houston fan and many of you may know his work from Yahoo! -- several of his contributor articles have been referenced on the board (couple of examples <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=205079">here</a>, <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=202648">here</a>).

I'm sure Sean is open to any feedback you may have. Thanks and welcome to ClutchFans, Sean!

2. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Nope. Not happening.

2 people like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not rooting for Dallas, but I don't get the whole hatred for them because I'm not from Texas. I do like the fact that they owned Lebron.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

in 4 more haters

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nope, sorry. Its not ok for me! I mine as well cheer for the Jazz and Lakers while I'm at it.

2 people like this.
  6. Turpis

Turpis Member

[James Hetfield's Voice] NEVAAAH [/James Hetfield's Voice]

2 people like this.
  7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Sorry Clutch. NO way I'm rooting for Dallas. I'm happy for guys like Dirk and Kidd who have battling all of their careers and have come up short. Those guys deserve it.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Feel good for Dirk and Kidd. But at the end of the day Eff Dallas. But as Clutch said, it should make teams like the Warriors and Grizzlies have hope. If the Mavs can win one, anybody can. LOL. :grin:

9. Damion Laverne

Happy for Nowitzki and Kidd as well. At the end of the day, though, Rockets STILL have one more ring than the Mavs. I can go through the day knowing that much:cool::cool::grin::grin:.

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

No it's not

It is NOT ok to be happy for Dallas. This is just another reason to call Houston fans less passionate, just happy to be here type of fans. Cue the laughter from the sports fans in the NE.

We should not be rooting for Dallas on any level. Here is part of why:

Mark Cuban is a bombastic character who reminds me much of George Steinbrener(sp). While I respect his business savvy and have great respect for the foundation, financially, that he has set for his family, for generations to come. I will not concede to being happy about much of anything, or lack there of, that he has done for the NBA.

For YEARS he b*tched and moaned about the refs cheating and Stern being anti-Dallas, anti-Mav.

He overpayed players such as Eric Dampier, the self promoted 2nd best C in the NBA, to pay his way to a championship. When you over pay players, this causes distrubtion on all levels of free agency for every team in the league.

His antics are just plain tiresome. Cuban doesnt care about the NBA, he cares about the Mavericks. Sure, it worked, they won a championship. Look at the roster. Took you long enough, Mark.

3 people like this.
  11. ThaShark316_28

Being anti-Dallas anything is silly.

Who cares? They for damn sure don't care about us. I'm a Stars fan anyway, so naturally I don't hate anything "Dallas"...

Those folks don't have any kind of rivalry with us, so I let them be.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

People here cant understand this...

13. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

super happy for dirk and kidd, even marion...but thats it. lol

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It's also "ok" to sit naked in a hot tub full of guys. I'm not particularly interested in either scenario, myself.

1 person likes this.
  15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm happy for Dallas and very very happy that Miami lost.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can't say I'm happy for Dallas... but I can admit that I'm happy for Dirk and JKidd... not so much Faux Jet ;)

17. aggie87

aggie87 Member

In a pure capitalistic society, there is no such thing as overpaying, as long as one or two teams are willing to pay a player, that player's fmv is determined by the demand for him

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Happy for Dallas, no way, but I am ok for them, only a bit of happy for Kidd. I think Kidd is a great PG with a good personality.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It's kind of neat that all three NBA franchises in Texas have now won Championships and I'm glad the Heat lost. But come on, Dallas blows.

1 person likes this.
  20. Convictedstupid

**** that ****.

2 people like this.