1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Woman Gives Birth to Rare Identical Quadruplets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, May 25, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Rare Set of Identical Quadruplets Born

HOUSTON - A Houston woman has given birth to a set of rare identical quadruplets, conceived without fertility drugs or in vitro fertilization. They are among fewer than 50 such sets ever recorded.

Two of the four babies born two months ago — three months prematurely — may get to go home this week, where their 15-month-old brother awaits them.

Daphne, Chloe, Bonnie and Adele Breedlove are the first set of identical quadruplets born at Woman's Hospital of Texas, according to Houston television station KHOU.

"I look at all four of them and I love them so much," said mother Shelley Breedlove, herself an identical twin. "I can't imagine not having them at this point."

The mother, whose babies weighed between 2 and 2 1/2 pounds when they were born, said she will use homemade ankle bracelets to keep track of her daughters.

"Bonnie has a butterfly, Chloe has a car," she said. "I look at them, and I can't tell the difference to save my life."

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Is their last name really "breedlove"?

Fitting.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

5 kids under 16 months!!

Damn.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

four daughters that will all reach puberty at the same time....

may God have mercy on us all...

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So ironic it must be true.

6. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

With your signature, that just looks downright creepy...