1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Williams on returning to the court for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Food for thought. Work even when they ain't looking...</p>&mdash; Terrence Williams (@TheRealTWill) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealTWill/status/176515261262860288" data-datetime="2012-03-05T03:51:32+00:00">March 5, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Unleash the kracken 3.0

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a dude who has basically gotten no consistent burn on the court for 1 1/2 seasons. He has skill and has a lot of rust and nerves to shake off. He needs both time and the right role to find rediscover his rhythm.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Finally he gets it. Hopefully.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I can dig it.

I like his aggressive nature, but rather than worrying about getting buckets, I wish he'd channel the majority of his pent-up energy to wreaking havoc on defense. That's the one area where I think he could potentially blossom into a great player, whereas he's relatively average/slightly above average in most other facets of the game. He's physically imposing and freakishly athletic, and could really carve out his niche in this league as a get-in-your-grill type of defensive stopper.

He has the tools to consistently impact the game on defense NOW, while he's still a project w/ a shaky jumper on the other end. Hard-nosed, feisty D will lead to easy buckets in transition/opportunities in the open floor, where he excels.

I hope he finds his groove. May not be in Houston, but I'd really like to see Terrence put it together. He seems like a good-hearted dude... like he desperately seeks approval and wants to do right.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Classic showcasing.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are players out there who have easier access to tap their potential than others.
    Terrence does not belong to the first group.

10. Burko

Burko Member

I may be being a tad harsh, but did he even need the dribble? It kind of forced him into the rushed one-had pass.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would have won with Budinger, would not have gone 1-8.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Terrence just called you guys FAT. And he also wants to take y'all to dinner.

I'm down to eat. He better not be cheap.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Instead Butler would have gone off for 25+ I'm sure.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actually the reasons Budinger doesn't see minutes are
    his inconsistent shot

inconsistent energy level, he is still capable of throwing in 18 to 20 points a given night, can't get off his own shot efficiently

He has improved on Defense, now he is a net zero or close to it -1 to -3, not much difference

little rebounding, assist, block numbers if you consider how athletic and skilled he is.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I think he should of been sent to the D-League, just to get some playing time. He has talent, but not too much in the head just like Von Wafer. If TWill had the mentality to drive the basket each time he gets the ball, he would get a lot of PT possibly a bigger role, but he just has to shoot those jumpers.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I think people kind of overrate showcasing. I don't think it happens as much as people think it does. McHale is the kind of coach where if you play well in practice, you will play. That's probably all that's going on right now.

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Nice pass, but bad shooting ... :rolleyes:

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

very good mr. Terrence. very good.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

what's so good about that? This is what he should have been doing from the start instead of whining on twitter.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Its good that he's finally getting it. Better late than never.