1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One dude's draft dream

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Jun 21, 2011.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

Knowing that things will not work out like this (as they never have in a decade plus of Rocket's fanaticism other than the EG failure...) here is what I am hoping for thursday night:

14 - Biyombo: maybe he's not the next Hakeem, but what if he's Shawn Kemp 2.0? Even if he ends up being Stromile Swift w/a motor he'd be an upgrade in size for us in the post and a player teams have to scheme for when we play. I just think the risk is worth the potential payoff even if he never develops more than a mildly consistant jumper.

23 - Tyler: Obviously I put a premium on athletic ability and the infamous p word, but this guy (if he gets his act together) should provide us with atleast what Thabeet or Hill do at a fraction of the cost.

38- Butler: Our very own bball version of the blind side with a local kid that played for a major university for 3 years and should be a contriutor in some way, shape or form in year 1 at a position of need? Seems like an easy choice.

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

14. Chris Singleton
    23. Donatas Motiejunas
    38. Josh Selby

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Two small forwards and a 3rd string point guard. Yuk.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

A 6'9'' defensive menace and legitimate inside-out threat on the other end if the floor, an aggressive 7-footer than runs the floor well and has a high basketball IQ, and a highly touted floor general that plays lock-down D and attacks the basket at will. Very solid haul, in my book.

Selby was considered the #1 prospect in the country by Yahoo!/Rivals this time last year, and has a very high ceiling... as does Motiejunas. Both will take time to develop... Singleton, on the other hand, has the ability to log significant minutes early in his career. He was arguably the best perimeter defender in the nation, and he served as the captain of the nation's best defense at Florida State.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I actually like Singleton but Donatas has no motor, motivational issues and does not like to rebound the ball. Selby will never see the floor behind Lowry and Goran.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If we're dreaming:

Marcus Morris at 14. Vucevic at 23.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good list. I'd take Motiejunas at 14, so if we're able to land him at 23 that'd be incredible. I'll follow your lead and go:

14. Valanciunas
    21. Motiejunas
    38. Selby or Tyler

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

14. Irving.
    21. Williams
    38. Kanter

You did say draft dream right?

9. jogo

jogo Member

10. scola4