1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron finds 'big brother' in Hakeem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Ring or not, Lebron has been the most consistent badass of the last 8 years. He had crap around him in Cleveland and still made it to 1 finals and earned himself 2 mvps. Now he has talent around him, and he is in back to back finals and just received his 3rd mvp.

Whatever his legacy may be, can we just wait till the end of his career to judge him?

1 person likes this.
  2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Of course Muslims feel that Christians are false but this is not the time or place to have this discussion. Why do you insist on justifying your idiotic comment is beyond me. You urself said you shouldn't have said it so just apologize and move on already.

3. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Like I said

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well tell them they've been annoying the rest of us for 10 years. :cool:

So uh, back to basketball....

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No, I wouldn't

It isnt about the nickname, its about him, the media, and all of his fanbois cramming it down our throats about how he is "The King" when he hadn't(and still to this day has NOT) earned it.

If he had at any point publicly downplayed all of this crap, I wouldnt have the distaste I have for this entire subject. If he is so great, he wouldn't need espn and all the kids who slurp up everything espn puts out constantly telling us how we must worship the Chosen One.

Its the whole sense of entitlement. I dont get why this is so hard for you boys to figure out, we have explained it time and time again.

Why do you guys get so butthurt that we dont see him in the same light you do? Is it tied into your personal sense of well being that we all must adore a player you obviously think is a god? I just dont get it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

/Mod-mode engaged

AND

for the last time.

DROP THE RELIGIOUS TALK

DO not even respond to things that are already written, TAKE IT TO D&D.

/mod-mode off

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If you read the rest of my post I did apologize and I said that we shouldn't be discussing it on this forum. Lol did you just not read that part??

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

OP, congrats on finding out who Hakeem Olajuwon was 14 months ago.

9. conquistador#11

cleverly disguised "yawl lebron haters are dream homers so I'm going to post this to get a thrill out of the reaction " thread. =/

Maybe the fabulous diva can learn the most important lesson he can learn from hakeem, a little humility. (**just don't mess with hakeem's mvp trophy)

**see david robinson.

1 person likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

No Dream, don't help "the Decision," work with Durant! Now if Morey brings Howard, Willams, and James to the Rockets, I will quickly get over it. I don't like Williams either. I was a fan of Howard until recently. I don't like his underhandedness in getting SVG fired and now I worry about his back being a chronic problem. But, if all three were signed to long time contracts with the Rockets, the good times would roll. Not going to happen.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

People referred to Pierce as the truth before he won one. AI was the answer. The King just seems really high and mighty.. Prolly need to get one before I ever call him that. I'll say LBJ here and there tho.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Dude, it's just a nickname. If you don't like it fine, but to start talking about how he is just a human and hasn't earned a nickname is silly.

Keep in mind the guy has won 3 out of 4 MVPs. He isn't Pete Chilcutt.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly,

you are entitled to glory when you win a championship and bring glory to the city and fans.

like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What if the Rony Seikaly deal had gone down? Would you hate Hakeem as much as Tmac?

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think of such events that never happened.
    I live in the world where Clutch City is real.

I don't hate Tmac, I just think he has some followers who have problems dealing with jealousy, reality, math and spelling.

16. Gri

Gri Member

Huh, how did I miss this. As I Muslim man, apparently you don't know anything about Islam and it seem Christianity too. Actually you should convert to Islam. Maybe you can save your soul. After all, Qur'an sent by god after the failure of Bible.

You can't just say/write whatever you want and say "oops but you shouldn't respond me; it's not right discussing believes" XXXX YOU. God I'm so angry.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Awesome!

Olajuwon pulling for pupil LeBron James in finals

LeBron James’ post game took a leap forward this season.

With the Heat not having a traditional scoring threat on the block, LeBron James has moved more to the post (particularly early in the season.) He took 13.7 percent of his shot attempts out of the post this season and shot 50.4 percent from there and drew the foul on 9 percent of his attempts (stats via MySynergySports.com). Those are good numbers.

Some of that success came from working with legendary big man Hakeem Olajuwon down in Houston. When reached to see if he was following his star student, Olajuwon said he was pulling for LeBron in the finals. From Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.

“If he relaxes and just plays his game, he’ll be fine and I think (the Heat) win it,” said Olajuwon, who said he has become like a “big brother” to James in the past year…

“You look at a lot of the moves, and it was unbelievable to watch,” said Olajuwon, speaking Monday by phone from Jordan about having seen that Game 6 last Thursday in the Middle East. “The way they were executed it was a joy to watch because I know that we worked on that, and to see him using it at a most crucial time. He is in a comfort zone, and he is doing it how he is supposed to do it.”

LeBron may find it tough to operate in the post against a Thunder team that can bring bigs like Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over to help. But if LeBron draws a double in the post he is one of the best passers in the league and that could be trouble for the Thunder.

But he learned from the best. Like most things with the Heat these playoffs, it’s a matter of executing consistently under pressure.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Guys, don't ruin this thread with this crap! You guys take your Qur'an and your Bible to the D&D! :mad:

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

James over Brooks? Come on Dream.