1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 2011-12 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Dec 25, 2011.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I only endorse this suggestion if I get Lebron.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL, I figured people would take this type of approach to it BUT I was in a FFL a few years back that only allowed us to keep the players that were selected after the 3rd round and back with only 3 players being kept per year...

It was so that we could still circulate the superstars and yet keep it a yearly competitive league with the keepers selected.

The only thing about that league is that if you kept a player you'd have to relinquish the rights to the draft pick of the earlier round, for example, I kept Wes Welker one year (4th round pick) had to relinquish my rights to the 3rd round pick to keep the draft even and not to allow us to overload on talent.

This is a little tougher to manage with all that draft pick jargon involved but really makes you think hard about your strategy in the draft. And if you get lucky and pick up say a Sidney Rice type when he was coming on, a few years back, in Free Agency you only give up what would usually be a 12th round pick in the FFL.

I know its complicated but just a friendly suggestion to make the league that much more interesting. It's probably not even possible in this league that way. *shrug*

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've always wanted to do a keeper.

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I would like to.add Wilson Chandler F Denver

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was hoping to add him. Emailed the commish about it. But still haven't seen that he is officially signed. Did I miss the article? Still don't see that it is official.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I just got an update saying he met with the Raptors but hasn't signed with anyone today.

So no.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The lockout has really made this a weird season. Having to play pee-pee games to sign players.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

It's not official and no one is picking up any players not currently under contract, otherwise I would have sat on him since the beginning of the season. Making everyone (including myself) wait for his signing to hit the news is the only fair way to do it.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes, no complaints from me.

10. RocketsPimp

Since there are no games today everyone will have until tomorrow to post lineups. I'm not sure how the system will handle it, so just submit your lineup prior to the 6pm deadline tomorrow (which I will get) and if there is a problem we can address it here.

11. RocketsPimp

Fade, go kick some Alien ass this week, although I'm not gonna hold my breath with Devin Harris and Sammy D in there.

12. fadeaway

LOL... nice.

Injuries to Nene and Bagnani combined with the Pacers' 2 game schedule makes this week a killer.

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Ah, Pimp. Resorting to hoping for Fade to beat my inferior, mediocre team? I thought I was just temporarily holding down 1st place, until you rightfully took it from me? What happened to that?

I will say that, starting around week 4, Fade's impressed me more than any other team. Those cyberfish guys are for real.

14. RocketsPimp

Yep, I'll still take all the help I can get until I can rip 1st place from your slimy alien grip in week 15 (if not sooner).

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

These are gonna be some rough last 5 games...

at Fade
    at CCP
    vs Plungers
    vs Sam
    vs Truth Score

All you guys are at least .500 record right now. Ugh.

16. RocketsPimp

Well, that loss kinda ruins that plan. Joe Johnson sitting and Nate Robinson sucking pretty much sealed that one up. Oh well....looks like I'm going to need a wild card to get into the playoffs.

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Down goes Frazier! Week 10 was a great week for Aliens everywhere.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would fade or RP be able to update a few of my players? It looks like they've acheived super sayian status, uh I mean other position status.

Ty Lawson PG/SG
    DJ Augustin PG/SG
    Boris Diaw SF/PF/C
    Evan Turner, you probably don't have to worry about him too much cause knowing me I'll drop him someone will pick him up and he'll start killing it. But he's a SF/SG also.

Thanks for your help guys.

19. fadeaway

I think this post was the kiss of death for me. It has been all downhill since then.

20. fadeaway

Pimp -- I think we need to trim one week off the league schedule. The way things are currently, our championship period will take place during the very last week of the NBA regular season, which is a shortened week, with some teams only playing one time (plus some teams will be resting their stars for the playoffs).

Deleting the week 15 match-ups from our league schedule will correct this oversight. Do you agree?