1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Toronto trades for Rudy Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 28, 2013.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

UPDATE: Done Deal...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--g...-to-raptors-in-three-team-deal-230755012.html

<HR>

UPDATE: 1/30/2013 3:31pm

<HR>

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...ons-toronto-raptors-memphis-grizzlies-sources

I can't believe Raps giving up Ed Davis. I wish Morey snags him somehow, he is the power forward that we need cheap, young and talented.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is why bad franchises stay bad.

Rudy Gay is ****ing terrible.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

It makes perfect sense for the Raptors. You can't have Davis getting in the way of their awesome future superstar Andrea Bargnani.:rolleyes:

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WK7lIjFsGvg#t=0m20s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

LOL hilarious. He called it and everything, perfect.

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The Raptors have such terrible management, its not even funny. How BC still has a job is beyond me, that guy makes terrible decisions, time after time. His father was the guy with the basketball IQ....

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LMAO

"DEFENSE! NO IT'S RUDY GAY!!! NO!!!NO!!! NO!!!! NOT THIS GUY!! NOT THIS GUY!! NOOOOO!!!! OH MY GOD!!! YOUUUUUUU *****ING A$$HOLE!!! NOO!! NOOOOO!!! ...................*****ING RUDY GAY MAN..... ****... 0.8 seconds left.... *****ING RUDY GAY MAN!"

9. Dei

Dei Member

I can't pin the accent down. Is it Latino?

10. GageD

GageD Member

Raptors are not very intelligent then. He is over priced.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

why would they want Gay when they have DeRozan

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

I keep hearing about trades for Gay, Z-bo, and even Gasol. What is the interest of the Grizzlies in trading Gay and Z-Bo again? They may not be a championship team, but they can go deep with their current roster and are currently a 600 team. It's not like a trade is gonna help them win a championship.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We should find a way to snag Calderon

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Raptors, the new Clippers

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I like Rudy Gay...but Raptors would be making a mistake.

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

This would increase my chances of playing with the Raptors in 2k

17. SK34

SK34 Member

i don't understand how you can say Rudy gay sucks or is terrible. He is a good player, overpriced, but a good player.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For sure...Gay, Derozan, Ross wil be FLYING...through in lowry, fields, bargs, johnson, anderson ... you got your self a decent team

In 2k, that is.

19. what

what Member

I seriously don't believe that Grizzlies management is in a rush to move Rudy Gay BEFORE the season ends.

Doing so would garner such ill-will among the grizzlies fanbase that it wouldn't be logical. I also think Pera and company KNOW that they owe the fans THIS last season before they decide to make a major move. In addition to the fact that allowing the grizzlies to go into the playoffs with this team, they would be in a better position to know what they have and what they need to do in the off-season.

Of course, that isn't to say that Rudy absolutely won't get traded before the deadline. But it does mean that any deal the grizzlies make for Rudy would have to be a no-brainer deal that they COULDN'T pass up. With high picks and/or substantial players that management covets.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so quick to bash Toronto. I will forever be grateful that they gave us a lottery pick for Lowry to make the Harden trade possible. Thank you, Brian Colangelo, for your big heart.

The Grizzlies are beasting with Rudy Gay shooting Jeremy Lin-esque 40% from the field, 47TS%. Put random decent SF, like Parsons in his place, and they're not going to win any less. I agree there were seasons in the past when Gay was quite important to the team. This year? Not so much