1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets the trendy upset pick "IF" we make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Mar 24, 2012.

1. nadman89

nadman89 Member

2 people like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's mighty optimistic, but hey since we're clearly not taking the tanking route... might as well think we can beat the Heat in the finals.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why not we got the better PG's and C's. Ha

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Who would you guys rather play in the first round? Spurs or OKC?

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's only because there's only one other "upset" they can pick.

Dallas the defending champion winning would be considered an upset by casual fans, even if they dismantled quite a bit from last year.
    Clippers would not be an upset if they were the lower seed and win after all the ESPN hype.
    Memphis, who took OKC to the wire last year, would not be considered an upset.
    That leaves Utah and Houston... and the national media cares even less for Utah than us.

6. redhotrox

Most people in the video picked Denver actually.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty good question.

Spurs, we have a long history with. Have played them really tough but after last year I doubt they drop two first round series in a row.

Thunder are young and have not been in this situation before. Plus every player has that one guy who bothers them....Parsons may be that guy for Durant so them.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

On paper the Thunder look like the better team, but the Spurs scare me more. I think we can limit Tim Duncan, but do we have an answer for Tony Parker? It seems like every time we play them he lights us up. He seems to have that cool aggression Westbrook lacks--Lowry and Dragic seem to get in Westbrook's head and get him off his game, not so against Parker. Plus, Parker is much more of a threat to make smart basketball IQ decisions and pass it off if he's getting shut out of the paint.

I think we'd be very lucky to make it to game 7 against the Spurs... I could easily see a 7-game series between us and OKC.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have been saying for months now that we had OKC's number. None of this is news.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think 2 wins by 1-point each means the Rockets "have OKC's number" at all.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's all about the trend.

12. redhotrox

I tend to agree with you guys that the Thunder would be a little better to face than the Spurs. The Thunder of course have KD, but all around I think the Spurs might be a little tougher.

The Spurs have more playoff tested vets and are much more well coached. The Thunder literally have NO low post scoring, while Duncan on the other hand can still do his thing. I agree with Parker being a scarier threat than Westbrook in part because of his ability to keep his composure better. Manu isn't back to form yet, but when he is he's about an equal nightmare as Harden.

Anyway, we need to make sure we get into the playoffs first, but I was just thinking ahead a bit watching this. :)

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Our secret to beating OKC is Chandler Parsons. He is one of the best defenders of Durant that i have seen. He gets better every time we play them.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly if we make the playoffs I don't think we remain the 8th seed. We'll probably be 7th-5th.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gotta be OKC. Spurs (with the Lakers) are still the best franchise in the L, and unlike the Lakers they aren't cutting corners when it comes to winning. Their big 3 is fresh and rejuvenated, and the next generation (Beal, Leonard, Blair, Splitter) is getting the experience they need. I think Spurs are the likeliest team to come out of the West, as per usual.

16. VBG

VBG Member

The only team we have no shot against is the Lakers IMO. Terrible matchup

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Do it and make it far into the playoff and hopefully a super star diva take the bait in coming here to play for us.

[​IMG]

#17 got em COACH, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man, they don't have Odom in the lineup to be a mismatch, meaning we can stick Parsons on Kobe the whole game and just let MettWP do whatever on the court.

With Camby backing up Dalembert hopefully the D can contain Gasol and Bynum, after all David Lee exploded the last time we fought, but this game Cambert bothered him a lot.

19. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Make it to the playoff is already good enough for us. espcially as a team right nwo to be honest our team is good...have faith if we have everyone ready and play how they do..we really are a good team just bear needa step up which he been having hopefully camby can do some big damage espcially its the playoff he probaly will and it was only his 2nd or 3rd game? but yeah...but as scoring we're good at that...defense we need. I always believe in my team ppl!! #rockets!!!!!!!!!

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

We not only will make it to the second round but will get a lotto pick from NY and a 22 pick from Dallas. This is our year to get lucky!

After all, it is the year of the Dragon. That's the only reason we did not trade Goran Dragic! ;P