1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant after 107-105 Rockets win over Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Dwight Howard talks about the Hack-A-Dwight strategy, the Lakers' struggles and the strong play of Greg Smith.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBf6wB3q2mE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's Kobe Bryant. Sorry about the audio on this Kobe interview. He is speaking very softly and there is a large crowd there... it's hard to tell from here with my earphones if his words are audible or not, so I don't know if this was worth posting.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D6NXVvcVMKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Unfortunately, Kobe is inaudible in that second video. Still, the look on his face says it all. :)

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Audible or not, Kobe's facial expression is priceless!

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Arthurprescott2

I can't tell if he's holding back tears or plotting bloody murder... maybe both?

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Love it... Dwight sherking responsibilty....even blaming Kobe a little in there with the "we gotta share the ball better". I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the lakers locker room these days. So glad we didn't end up trading everything for this chump.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wonder if Kobe is having flashbacks to his days with Shaq? I'd love nothing more for there to be a publicized feud between those two.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Darn, I'm sorry I wasn't able to watch that game.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Heard Kobe was subtly blaming Dwight by referencing to the missed freethrows, and Dwight was saying defense was the problem.

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

What a Fekin @$$ Dwight is. If you want to be treated like a superstar then you have to take responsibility for a loss, specially if you lost the game at the line. Hacking messes up the entire offensive flow of a team. Those were some huge free throws he missed that completely shifted the momentum in our favor. He cant say it wasn't his free throws that lost them the game, because that's exactly what it was. I would never be able to respect a guy like that, even if he is on my team.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Done watching. Didn't hear what they were saying. Oh well..

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah and then I Kobe's interview I heard him say he thought the defense was fine....I'm not the kind of person to enjoy internal strife of a family or organization but I hate the lakers so I'm good with this

12. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Dwight isn't wrong in saying that it was as much the fault of the Lakers' defense as his own shooting deficiencies why they lost the game. You really only need to shoot about 50% and play average defense to make intentional fouling pointless. Dwight shot 50%, but their defense to end the game was abysmal.

1 person likes this.
  13. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

ALWAYS fun to clown LA! Don't forget to grab a Houston magnet or NASA t-shirt or something at the airport on your way out! ;)

The "Kobe scores 50 points against the Rockets a lot" thing on ESPN earlier tonight was beyond irritating... we get it, Kobe's a great NBA player. Who just lost to the Rockets baby!

14. AFS

AFS Member

Dwight looks like he's about to cry...

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Had to rep you on that this.....

Yeah DH missed a lot of free throws.. but the damage was done way before it got to hack show...

T_Man

16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Looks like to me he's been crying already. Crazy how bad Dwight's FT shooting is

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He's going to murder Dwight Howard for losing the game because he can't make FTs.

I know Dwight is more than capable of making FTs. If Asik was able to improve his FT percentage from around 50% to 71% this season, so can Dwight. But we all know that Asik is a hard working player while Dwight just settles and think he's good enough to not work on his game.

18. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Thanks for vids! I was looking for post game vids from the Lakers website and found nada and there was some right here all along.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Kobe's face just says it all...

If there's one thing Asik has Dwight beat it is his work ethic. After that Bulls playoff game Asik has worked hard and improved his FT shooting like crazy. I don't know how Dwight can still be this bad after all these years.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

You weren't kidding about being audible, NBA should fine them for being bad interviews. A lip reader has more chance knowing what these guys said than the interviewer. At least we made both guys looking and sound more than disappointed.