1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suit questions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Apps, Apr 14, 2012.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Marked as a terrorist.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Why don't you go play in the Olympics for Ireland.

For some reason I feel a lapel pin has more significance than a tshirt. When I see a person wearing an "I Fling Poo" tshirt, I don't believe them... unless that person is actually a monkey. Or a baby. If you were wearing an "I Fling Poo" lapel pin though, I would absolutely believe that you have flung and will fling more poo.

3. Apps

Apps Member

Very interesting. I always figured shawl lapels to be a more leisurely look, like something you'd wear by your fireplace while swilling brandy.

Also, I figure a cravat would only really work at a formal event rather than a business event. And only with a three piece suit [beneath the vest].

It's interesting to see that the sentiment towards lapel pins has been largely antagonistic.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

what country?

5. Apps

Apps Member

Let us assume that it is the flag of a "subversive" nation (e.g. Russia, Cuba, Iran, China, Venezuela, etc). Just for the sake of discussion.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

somebody would call the police or worse

ok maybe not for Russia and China

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No lapel pin. Just no reason for it in an everyday setting. Maybe it's it's a holiday or something but that's all

Peaked lapel, I'm not a fan in normal setting. Only for something more formal, but even then, I'm personally not a fan

Single breasted for the most part. Double breasted should be reserved for more rare formal occasions. They also look best on taller and medium sized guys

Tie...full Windsor