1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Backup PG Issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Houston288South

As you can tell, we have a particular roster management issue to address. After the last two games, do you think Fisher would have been a better option than signing someone off the street (ie Courtney Fortson from the D League?)

Contrary to what others believe, I still think Fisher could have been the backup PG while Lowry is out. He would have been better than anyone we're considering to sign for the remainder of the year and better than Lee running PG. So someof you are okay with signing Anthony Carter, or someone sitting on their couch? in this case, I think the Rockets org and many fans are letting their pride get them best of them. Now our team is suffering a floor general while Lowry is out and Dragic gets in foul trouble, or needs a rest.

If we don't find a solution ASAP, we are in BIG trouble.

2. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

what's wrong with fortson? he didn't look that bad tonight, in his first game for the Rox. give the man sometime before we go out and spend unneccessary money on a 3rd string PG

3. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

I don't think it was a matter of skill or ability on Fisher's part, just that he didn't even report to the Rockets.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

11. Thou shalt not allow Fisher to wear Rockets Uniform.

The 11th commandment.

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Lin. Lin. Lin

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't care who else the Rockets need to sign, or who else plays.... as long as I never see Courtney Lee playing PG again.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep.

Screw him. The b**** got his feelings hurt when the Lakers traded him (according the LA Times) and is very "emotional" about the situation.

Good. Never want to see him any closer to a Rocket jersey than when an ACTUAL Rocket is kicking his ass.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We should have traded T-Will for Ish Smith.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Or even kept T-Will and let him play the guard spot.

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Blame Morey for not getting us a PG to back-up Dragic, we just lose two and probably will keep losing the next few games.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

would be nice to have llull right about now.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hopefully Lowry is able to do some conditioning while he recovers, or even his return may not immediately help.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

we really need stability at the back up for Dragic..

14. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

who is available in the d-league ? wouldnt Conroy of the RVG be usefull ?
    and i just saw Tinsley is playing there, washed up ?

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This appears to be a big miscalculation on Morey's part and is costing the team wins. The frustrating part is that there is an empty roster spot that could have been filled even before Fisher's buyout. What is the point of having a D-league affiliate if not for situations like this?

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tinsley is playing for Utah and getting good minutes, don't know why you think he plays D-League. Averaged 10.8 minutes over last 5 games, 20.8 over last 10 games, played a total of 19 games for them so far.

He's good but a bit inconsistent, can pass the ball though and doesn't shoot too bad.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Edited.

18. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

my bad, i should have checked, his name came up when i was looking the stats of the dleague

19. delta69er

delta69er Member

I actually wouldn't mind having Anthony Carter at this point.

Yes he's washed up and was never that good to begin with, but he would provide a needed veteran leadership presence to our backcourt.

Fortson is someone you play as your backup PG if you're trying to get a high draft pick and if Dragic is going to play 45 min a game, we'll soon have 2 D-Leaguers running the 1 for us.

20. dutchbut

dutchbut Contributing Member

I was so upset when we traded for Fisher. He has a history of dirty play against the Rockets, thus I did not want him in a Rockets Uniform.

Judging from recent roster moves, it seems like we are looking to miss the playoffs to keep a draft pick and or get a look at players that may make the team next year instead of insulting Scola by welcoming Fisher into the Rocket Family.