1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier Calls Luis Scola the Most Egregrious Flopper on the Offensive End

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Mar 19, 2012.

1. houseofglass21

I was glad to see Battier go. He's always had a certain douchestyle about him. If he didn't play basketball he'd be some boring corporate yuppy CEO.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It was a jab at a friend. Its like making fun of your best friend cause he's going bald. Im pretty sure Luis would just laugh and throw a friendly jab back.

3. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I don't want Scola to play for the j*zz though.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Uh, no.

It's like calling you friend the biggest liar you've ever seen. Flopping is essentially lying translated to the NBA.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not it's not. He's saying Scola can't flop well, he's the worst at it, so it's more like saying your friend is the worst liar ever.

Battier has always been politically correct when speaking, he's not going to bash ex-teammates. If people think he means he's the biggest flopper, then they're not using the correct, or more common, definition of egregious.

6. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

LOL are you really taking this serious.... Its Shane Battier for crying out loud.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Battier stay overrated.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well it's true...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. Out of context. Did you guys actually read the article? He was making a banter of a former teammate in good nature. He's talking about Scola's hair.

2. Why do people still equating taking a charge and flopping? If you plant you feet and the offensive player run into you, it's a charge. It has nothing to do with flopping. The only thing is, the NBA refs won't call a charge unless you fall down. That's why they always fall down. If you don't fall down, you are going to be called blocking foul even if you have good position. That's ridiculous.

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

Boy,

It sure is a bunch of emotion filled p*****s on this thread

Shane was just making a half hearted joke.

I swear some Clutchfans need to take Midol

11. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Hardly anyone, that's why Okafor plays 5...

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with anything Battier said. We all know that Scola and Battier are friends, so it was no big deal.

And, I don't have a problem with Scola flopping. It's one of the tools in his arsenal of tricks to get the upper hand on his opponent. Scola is not very athletic so he does what he has to do in order to win. Also, every player in the league flops, so it's really silly when fans complain about Scola when everyone else does it. Scola did not invent flopping, he's just trying to perfect it. Flop on Scola, flop on.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's awkward that he would say this publicly, but it's a true comment and not worth the manufactured animosity going on in this thread.

14. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

exactly...i think it was in good fun. just like how the rox players used to always make fun of deke for claiming he NEVER commits fouls.

15. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

Did shane forget who is on his team? lol dwayne gets these bs calls all the time
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WAZeuO2qEqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

There's nothing wrong with what Battier said. Scola IS notorious for flopping and now that Battier is no longer teammates with him, there's nothing wrong with him commenting on it.

As much as I hate flopping, Scola, Lowry and K-mart all flop and a lot of the time they get the calls.

As long as the refs are gonna call it why not do it?

Not like Battier has ever flopped or anything.. :rolleyes:

17. imatexan

imatexan Member

Battier is on the money, as usual.

I love Scola as well and he puts his heart on the floor but....he does flop.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Uncle Battier has nothing better to do (we all know he doesn't like to work on his game) as he and his buddy Mike Miller have a lot of free time on their hands as they ride the coattails of Lebron, DWade, and Bosh in Miami.

19. Burko

Burko Member

Seriously some of you guys need to grow a sense of humour.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

who is shane battier and why is he hating on our players?