1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum - not interested in Magic, could be interested in Houston in 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

They're going after Ramon Sessions, so they can have GayLoveSessions.

2. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Maybe they'll get both and have "GayLoveHeadSessions"! :p

3. Vnilla_Gorilla

Sorry if this has been said already but...

This whole "Bynum signing with the Rockets as a FA" thing is bull. Obviously his agent just put that out there to keep him from going in a ORL trade. The signs: he listed most of the teams with cap room and included Cleveland.

No big time FA will/has ever included Cleveland.

4. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Bynum does not have problem with Orlando. Everyone knows he has a big ego. He just does not want to be used as a part to facilitate the big trade that Dwight Howard is the centerpiece. If he has to find a new home, he wants his own trade.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

He's the best young center in the NBA. This would be a huge win for Morey and the organization. I can already see the corny, drawn-out ESPN special feature about Bynum's maturation under "former C's HOF'er" McHale.

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Any chance we are trying to get Bynum from LA now since Howard is not going to happen.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I have to admit, it does sound fishy. I've never heard a person, let alone a professional athelete, say they want to live in Cleveland. The only thing that would shock me more is a pro athelete saying they want to live in Detroit.

8. Zarriko

Zarriko Member

I would love for the Rockets to get Bynum next year to maybe entice Paul or some other big name. Unfortunately, I don't feel very optimistic about it though because I don't see Bynum turning down money to and not staying with the Lakers for one. Who knows, maybe he will be upset with the Lakers about his name being mentioned in a trade since he came out and said he didn't want to sign an extension with Orlando. Also, with the complete turnover of our team, I am not sure there would be enough draw since our whole team is becoming so young. The cap space is there at least. I know several contracts are coming off the books at the end of the year also so hopefully we can actually get some big names in the off season. I think like others have said, it will need to be more than one because stars like to play together.

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

McHale, Hakeem, Yao could easilly mentor Bynum. Plus upgrade his already elite skills. One thing he doesn't have in LA is someone to look up to. He'd be perfect in here.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

love your point, but Yao lives in China, Hakeem is barely associated with the organization these days, and everyone seems to think McHale is an ******* ;)

I do agree that a Bynum who wants to be in Houston is better than a Howard who doesn't.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I would love to see this team build around Bynum. That man has plenty of room to grow, but he's already the best offensive center in the game. I wonder if a three way trade with LA and Orlando might facilitate all this.

12. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

I am praying that we obtain Andrew Bynum somehow in a trade. Once again the Rockets could have a big man in the center position for the next 10 years. Some of these new young players such as Lamb, White, Jones, and Parsons are excellent pieces to the puzzle. We have tons of assets so use em wisely!