1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dentists on here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pharaoh King, Feb 2, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I appreciate the kind words...looking forward to the next visit bro.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Rezdawg, I need some dental work please check your inbox.

3. BALLhog 247 365

If anyone needs dental work and doesn't have insurance/can't afford private practice, e-mail me through the board. I'm a student at the UT dental school here in Houston, and although it may be a lengthy process to get your chief complaint addressed the price is dirt cheap.

1 person likes this.
  4. mic

mic Contributing Member

This thread conjures up a favorite ClutchFans thread of mine... ;)

5. rezdawg

Ballhog is a student...im sure he can vouch for whatever I said back in that thread, haha.

6. rezdawg

7. mic

mic Contributing Member

Was just teasing. :) Bygones!

8. rezdawg

Yeah, I know, haha. :grin: Good times!

For those that emailed me, I tried to get back to everyone in a timely manner. If you want to call to schedule an appointment, make sure you tell them that you are from clutchfans and that you want the 25% discount. Or, you can email me your info and I will have one of the front desk staff call you to schedule an appointment.

Thanks.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Rezdawg, by any chance do you also do ortho?

I have something called "retained deciduous teeth". One of my adult teeth is stuck up in my face and I need surgery to bring it down or what not. I already have braces, and the space required for it to come down, I just haven't committed to the surgery due to cost and I'm a bit skeptical of my orthodontist lol.

10. rezdawg

We do some ortho at the practice...but your case requires specialized care. We are always taking continuing education courses to broaden our scope of practice....so although we do not currently do the procedure now, it will be something that we will be able to do in the future. In the meantime, your orthodontist should be referring you to an oral surgeon or a periodontist to have the surgery done. I wouldn't trust a scalpel in the hands of an orthodontist, haha.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

is it normal to feel sensitivity with a temporary crown?

I had a molar drilled for a cavity last Monday and am scheduled for the permanent crown next Monday, but since the mouth healed from last week I am still feeling a sensation in my nerve, almost like he didn't get all of the cavity and now I am worried that if they drill more, the permanent crown won't fit right, or if they put in the permanent crown, I will continue to feel this dull throbbing pain.

I am experiencing buyers remorse. I think the dude could have filled the damn thing and now he just took me for a ride. I have dental insurance, but I am still paying $400 out of pocket for all of this.

this all started with an initial teeth cleaning and exam.

14. rezdawg

Few things that may cause this.

1) The temporary crown is not perfectly protecting your tooth...by this, i mean that part of your dentin or root surface is exposed when it shouldn't be. Or, the crown is thin in some areas and not offering the proper insulation.

2) The crown is high.

3) In removing the decay, part of your pulp was exposed.

4) The pulp was not exposed, but the heat generated from the drill may have caused trauma to the pulp.

5) Could be nothing and your tooth is just getting used to the situation.

Number 3 and 4 are the ones I'd worry about bc the only way to fix those would be by having a root canal done. I would recommend seeing the dentist ASAP to get it taken care of.

Are you feeling cold sensitivity or cold/hot sensitivity? Typically, a throbbing pain is not good and indicates a traumatized pulp.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I want to thank you Rezdawg for the amazing work today. Like many other people, I dislike going to the dentist but your practice was definitely top notch and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you and I will be seeing you again in a couple of weeks.

Guys, if you need some dental work I would definitely recommend Dr. Sanjar.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

typical right winger response......you do realize he could get into a lot of trouble just for replying to your stupid post right?

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Dental X-Rays May Be Linked with Brain Tumors

Ok I don't get it. I know they place a lead apron around you chest when they scan you. Why aren't there one made to wrap around your head leaving only your teeth area exposed?

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks for your detailed response. I called my dentist to move up my appointment from Monday to this Friday, and the receptionist asked me the same questions about hot/cold sensitivity.

luckily, I am not feeling any worse with hot/cold, and she told me the same thing about the temp crown possibly not fitting right.

I think what you said about the crown being thin is accurate. when I slide my tongue over the back of my tooth, I get the pain reaction I was describing.

I don't think it's covering my whole tooth. I can't wait to get this over with.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Question for Rezedawg, what are your feelings about bridges? I had bridge work done about 10 years ago, but it popped of about 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately, this was right after I got laid off so I didn't have any dental insurance to go back and get it recemented. Personally, I would never ever have had it done had I known the full extent of what bridgework entails, namely the shaving down of the two surrounding teeth. I feel that this is counter productive to anyone who wants to retain their own natural teeth for as long as possible. I have yet to go back to get the bridge recemented due to time and financial constraints.

20. NateNate

NateNate Member

Doc,
    with invisalign (sp?), is it for everyone? Or does the severity of the alignment problem matter? I'm 26 so I'm gonna pass on braces but i fear i won't be approved for invisalign..